Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/03/17 04:10 PM

Thinking about a weekend trip soon.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/03/17 09:10 PM

Glad to start seeing you posting! Love the carp section! cheers

Side Note: The Guadalupe River is loaded with some super nice carp! thumb
Posted By: Big Ted

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/05/17 05:58 PM

I reserved an utility spot for September 8-10!

Cant wait to get back out there!!!! Caught a 50" grasser back in 2014. 2015 was mush worse with all the too many of them in there. the water was stained and warmer than it was in 2014. I didn't make it out there last year. I hope we have some bigger fish this year than in 2015.

2014 biggest was 48.25# (the 50 incher)...caught only a few under 10#
2015 biggest was only about 22#...caught dozens of fish less than 10#

Same amount of fish caught (100 even) both years. Average for 2015 was WAY down from 2014.

Both years most fish caught were grassers with only a few commons. No buffs in 2015. Only a few buffs in 2014. Both years we went in July.
Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/19/17 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Ted
Thinking about a weekend trip soon.
went there a couple of weekends ago the boat traffic and the amount of people on shore is ridiculous. the one hidden gem is now PACKED with people had a bunch go in between my lines splat
good luck i had one common only
Posted By: Flags

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/20/17 05:30 PM

I'm married. If I hit up a gal named Emma it would cost me big time! roflmao

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/21/17 02:59 PM

I have a site reserved in September. I plan on baiting up starting Tuesday and start fishing Friday. This has worked out VERY well for us in past years. I mean to the tune of about 100 fish in 2 days! Most of course were grass carp, but hey, its a good time. maybe I can thin a few of them out if anyone will be wiling to take them. I heard they lifted the grasser permit, which means they can be taken by any legal means. I wont waste fish, even a grasser.
Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/21/17 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Ted
I have a site reserved in September. I plan on baiting up starting Tuesday and start fishing Friday. This has worked out VERY well for us in past years. I mean to the tune of about 100 fish in 2 days! Most of course were grass carp, but hey, its a good time. maybe I can thin a few of them out if anyone will be wiling to take them. I heard they lifted the grasser permit, which means they can be taken by any legal means. I wont waste fish, even a grasser.

Great good luck im sure you will see some middle eastern people that are always out there and they will take every grasser youll catch

Re: Anyone hit up Emma Long lately? - 07/25/17 04:09 PM

I hear they are very good eating. A nice white flaky fillet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum