Texas Fishing Forum

Let's talk about Lake Fork

Posted By: cmc

Let's talk about Lake Fork - 06/11/17 02:43 AM

We all know the size of the fish there but it is tough with the stumps and limited access. Right now it is a little over full and that limits your access even further. I've fished several places, some pay spots, some free spots.

What marinas or areas do you guys know to fish when the water is up?

Yesterday I ended up at SRA Park and broke off one big fish on that ledge out there. The problem is with water up now you gotta cast 100 yards to get to 12' of water. I have no problem paying to fish anywhere I just don't know any spots there. I love that lake and it kicks my tail most times but I have managed a 28 common and 45 buff from there this year.

I tried a couple other spots but same deal shallow water means your line is easier access to boats which there are thousands of and in most cases they aren't far enough out to miss your lines when you are 100+ yards out.

Talk to me

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 06/13/17 03:10 AM

Dang nobody fishing Fork? I'm gonna keep at it because I'm sure a 70 buff is coming out of there, I've seen a 68 so I know they are there.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 06/13/17 03:34 AM

I couldn't tell ya a thing about Fork but you got any pics of those monsters?
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 06/13/17 09:27 AM

yah..Lake Fork is a "secret" for many peeps due to the size of the Carp and Buffalo there. I would try to only go on the days where the boat traffic is at it's slowest, if that's even possible. lol.. Plus I wouldn't worry about casting too far unless you have to. Try to get those fish to come in close to you by chumming, etc. I know when I fished there years ago at a Marina, I forget the name, we were not casting out more than 50-100ft.

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 06/15/17 12:55 AM

When I can get there for a few days I bait closer but when it's a day trip I try to get into the channels and when the water is high it's a long ways to some of them.
Posted By: ETFK

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 07/02/17 08:17 PM

There was a guy who caught a 50lb buff off the point at oak ridge marina off 154

also i know of some buff tournament anglers that like to use 2 different spots on both 515 west and 515 east if some one can link me a lake map ill circle where im talking about

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 07/17/17 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Tommar
I couldn't tell ya a thing about Fork but you got any pics of those monsters?
sorry didn't see this. Here's a few.

Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 07/18/17 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: cmc

Nice!
Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: Let's talk about Lake Fork - 07/19/17 02:22 PM

great fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum