State record goldfish? - 11/27/16 09:42 PM

Posted By: Mike Doran

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/27/16 09:59 PM

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/27/16 10:00 PM

Is this silver fish in fact a goldfish?
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/27/16 10:17 PM

Don't get me to lying but good fish though it looks a little gold fishy I'm sure someone on the forum will have more input

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/27/16 10:26 PM

No barbels

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/27/16 10:40 PM

5 lbs 10oz
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/28/16 01:32 AM

Awesome where'd you catch him...I know im the mouth Lololol but in a pond or lake
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/28/16 03:24 AM

Looks like a hybrid of a common and a crucian carp. It kinda looks like it has smaller barbels in the first picture. The dark shading on the head/face is very similar to the koi/common crossed carp called Ghost Carp.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/28/16 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ScottEvil
Looks like a hybrid of a common and a crucian carp. It kinda looks like it has smaller barbels in the first picture. The dark shading on the head/face is very similar to the koi/common crossed carp called Ghost Carp.

He is probably right!

Side Note: Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/28/16 03:00 PM

Looks like a Carp, not a gold fish. Still..those smaller carp are rare to catch. Nicely done.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/28/16 04:41 PM

Carp....
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/28/16 07:35 PM

KOI Carp
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: State record goldfish? - 11/29/16 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Doran

Is it just me or are the numbers on this tape measure "backwards"???? crazy
Posted By: Laker One

Re: State record goldfish? - 12/01/16 03:18 PM

Looks like a Carp to me! Of course I do not target them but know from experience that they are great fighters.
Posted By: progolferv1

Re: State record goldfish? - 12/11/16 03:42 PM

great catch
Posted By: Draggin Yak

Re: State record goldfish? - 12/11/16 11:17 PM

I have 3 or 4 large goldfish that hang out under a fish feeder on a creek at my hunting lease. Not certain, but they are probably survivors that got off the hook while fishing for catfish many years ago. Either from a local bait store or Comet Goldfish from Petsmart. I am amazed they keep showing up because the Brazos is not far downstream and we have some crazy rushes of water that flood the creek during big storms.

I noticed those comet and bait store goldfish we used had a few plain colored fish in the mix, but the grown "gold" fish are obvious. More than once I remember seeing odd shaped or colorful ones with the bait fish sometimes. I am certain some Koi, Shubunkin, Goldfish hybrids, or who knows what else ended up mixed in the store bait tanks and or pet store feeder tanks.

These pictures are at least 6 years old. I know one of the colorful ones was still around this September, but much bigger now. The darker one of the pair in this first picture is probably one of the plain colored goldfish. Or could be a small carp. Maybe this will help with the ID yea or naw. The "gold" goldfish are no doubt when you catch one. I gave strict instructions to my lease partner to release them anytime one get's caught.

Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: State record goldfish? - 12/13/16 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Draggin Yak
I have 3 or 4 large goldfish that hang out under a fish feeder on a creek at my hunting lease. Not certain, but they are probably survivors that got off the hook while fishing for catfish many years ago. Either from a local bait store or Comet Goldfish from Petsmart. I am amazed they keep showing up because the Brazos is not far downstream and we have some crazy rushes of water that flood the creek during big storms.

I noticed those comet and bait store goldfish we used had a few plain colored fish in the mix, but the grown "gold" fish are obvious. More than once I remember seeing odd shaped or colorful ones with the bait fish sometimes. I am certain some Koi, Shubunkin, Goldfish hybrids, or who knows what else ended up mixed in the store bait tanks and or pet store feeder tanks.

These pictures are at least 6 years old. I know one of the colorful ones was still around this September, but much bigger now. The darker one of the pair in this first picture is probably one of the plain colored goldfish. Or could be a small carp. Maybe this will help with the ID yea or naw. The "gold" goldfish are no doubt when you catch one. I gave strict instructions to my lease partner to release them anytime one get's caught.

awesome goldfish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum