Texas Fishing Forum

White Rock overnighter

Posted By: fiSherwood

White Rock overnighter - 08/10/15 06:04 PM

Anyone up for a night session at White Rock Lake this weekend? Either Fri or Sat nights would work for me.
I have a need for some carp or buffalo!!!
Posted By: buffaloman chris

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/11/15 12:50 AM

i would be up for a over night session but i wont know till possibly Thursday or Friday if i will need to work Saturday. Saturday night would be probabley be the best bet for me, that way if i do, i can still join but dont let me hinder your plans if you want to do it Friday night. smile

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/11/15 02:09 AM

Saturday night is fine.
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/11/15 11:16 PM

Larry and I are "in" and one more possible friend . Safety in numbers right ?
laugh
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/12/15 01:46 AM

It's great reading about a future session fixing to take place. I can remember a couple of years back there were sessions being planned every other day in this section. I have always loved following the anglers who post here and very much enjoy seeing their catches. Hope you guys have a super time and please post any fish you catch. rockon
Posted By: Pondbass

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/12/15 08:21 PM

If I get the chance I may come out and join y'all. It's been a while since i've gotten out and carp fished for a night
Posted By: Stephen Clark

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/12/15 08:41 PM

hey count me in woohoo, let me know where ya plan to go and what time

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 02:39 AM

the big parking lot where the events are held would probabley be best for room.
Posted By: Jef Nguyen

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 07:12 AM

Hey guys I'm trying to get into sport fishing and I'm highly interested in carp fishing. Would love to come out and fish with y'all if you guys don't mind. Friday or Saturday night is fine with me but I have to take a friend to the airport on Saturday morning so I can stay out till like 2 or 3 am Friday night.

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 10:36 AM

Jef i believe it will be Sat. night . Stay tuned for details of what area we will be
. you will need a tub of "old fashion" oatmeal( $2.49) , 2 cans of cream corn(49.each), some chili powder (1.49) for the chumming part ...All these are available at Aldis .They have the lowest prices around but of course you can buy at any grocer... I can set you up with hooks and weights and hookbaits etc. when you get there.
Posted By: Blues

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 12:05 PM

Pretty awesome fellas. I agree with banker, not enough of this going on anymore in a lot of the sections on the tff. Catfish and carp sections are a shadow of their old selves. Y'all keep it up and post results.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 02:16 PM

I'd like to join you all. I can bring chum, bait, and tackle.

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 06:56 PM

Outstanding!
I hadn't checked in for a couple of days and didn't realize how this has grown!
All are welcome!
My thought are to meet around 7pm, set up and start fishing, and start breahing down around 8am before it gets too warm.
Come for as long or short as you wish.

I'll have a few of my for-sale items with mr...😉😎

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 07:19 PM

Looks like we will be fishing at 3800 West Lawther Dallas tx .. heres the coords 32.833397, -96.728495

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 07:28 PM

Plenty of room for everyone there!

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 09:23 PM

Sounds like a plan! I'm looking forward to Saturday night

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 10:40 PM

cool deal, be sure and bring some skeeter spray with deet, i heard that nasty west nile [censored] has been around the area there.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/13/15 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: buffaloman chris
cool deal, be sure and bring some skeeter spray with deet, i heard that nasty west nile [censored] has been around the area there.

Heard the same about skeets. Think someone got WNV in Lakewood?

Looking forward to the report. I've thought about joining you guys but have no experience in catching Carp or Buffs, but always enjoy the reports. I normally just fish for bass and sunfish there with the occasional catfish mixed in and one time a Koi on the fly.

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/14/15 12:13 AM

Thanks! This should be fun! fish

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/14/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Fitz®

Looking forward to the report. I've thought about joining you guys but have no experience in catching Carp or Buffs, but always enjoy the reports. I normally just fish for bass and sunfish there with the occasional catfish mixed in and one time a Koi on the fly.

Come on out. We would be glad to show you the methods we use to catch carp.
Posted By: greentumater

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/14/15 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Fitz®

Come on out. We would be glad to show you the methods we use to catch carp.
If you were able to get the best carp guides and anglers in texas all at the same time and get their help for free you would go to whiterock,but Pondbass's guide services are worth every cent and more.There should be a Texas carp angling hall of fame admittance fee for this event. smile
Posted By: Paul Swider

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/15/15 09:24 AM

Sounds like fun! I'll be sitting at the office, I hope someone will be posting catch reports as you are catching the fish wink
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/15/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
It's great reading about a future session fixing to take place. I can remember a couple of years back there were sessions being planned every other day in this section. I have always loved following the anglers who post here and very much enjoy seeing their catches. Hope you guys have a super time and please post any fish you catch. rockon

Totally Agree! It would be great seeing those beautiful fish and reading some awesome post!
Posted By: Dunkky dude

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/15/15 09:24 PM

i am in for couple of hours for more of educational purpose. this would be my first carp fishing and did some readings past an hour. I'll try to use either sweet corn or aberson's wheat bread.

Also testing a couple of gears i bought for catfishing..

Looking forward to meeting you guys this evening.

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/15/15 11:07 PM

thats great guys / we will be to the left of the parking lot in the grassy area . see ya there

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/15/15 11:21 PM

I'm at the sonic down the road getting grub. Be there in 20

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 08:29 AM

Well Jeff has his first ever whiterock carp.
Posted By: Mike Ryan

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 08:32 AM

I would have loved to join you fellas, it would have been great to see Jessie again and meet some new folks too.
I am a little more hesitant to make long drives with my almost 16 year old truck. If you folks ever head out to Benbrook or Lake Worth area, give me a heads up like you did on this post and I will certainly try to meet up with you guys/gals. Fall fishing is around the corner and it is my favorite time of the year to spend a day fishing.
fish

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 08:52 AM

We're hoping to do more of these in the next few weeks. I'd be interested to try some spots around Ft Worth as well...
When it cools down we can do some day sessions too!

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 11:17 AM

Pretty slow night, Jessie and Chris managed to make something happen. Overall it was a great night. I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to learning more at another event, hopefully it will be soon. Thank you Jessie, Chris, John, Larry, Brian, Caesar, and Joseph for showing this greenhorn the ropes.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 12:52 PM

Good times. It just don't get any better! Also some Lifetime Memories made. bow_down

Side Note: Hopefully there will be a lot more Carp postings in the future. The Carp section is awesome and a lot of anglers visit it including myself. rockon

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 12:57 PM

It was a slow night I enjoyed the cool night air. I missed 3 runs and landed 1 carp. We will have to do it again somewhere

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 01:11 PM

laugh Yup it was a very slow night ,the odds were against us from the start .The wind was almost non existing which always make it not right for the Rock ... It was nice spending time on the bank with a great bunch of fellas doing what is a passion for us . It was nice to hang out with old friends again and meeting new ones . Congrats to Jef on his first w/r fish . L
ets do this again soon . cheers Mike hope we can get out west soon!

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 01:13 PM

A nice night out! Next time hopefully we'll get on more fish!
Thanks to Jesse, Chris, John, Larry, Ceasar, Greg, Brandon, Jef, CS, and Josef for sharing the bank with me!
Posted By: Dunkky dude

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 06:36 PM

congrat guys!!! hard work paid off. I wish i would have stayed longer! Thanks for sharing nice fish story and wisdom. I really love that high tech setup you guys had. I think i will order a few. it just looks too cool and practical as well.

Re: White Rock overnighter - 08/16/15 06:54 PM

We had a good time guys. The next gathering will be awesome! Pm me when you guys are ready to try those lakes i told y'all about fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum