Texas Fishing Forum

I need some whole carp

Posted By: Tipps

I need some whole carp - 04/12/15 05:24 PM

Anybody around west DFW, I am in need of some carp if you have/catch some and are just getting rid of them. Normally I'd shoot them with bow, but I got kids and can't go enough to find them these days. If anyway you can freeze em whole or call me and I'll meet and get them fresh. I'll take as many as 10. Me and my little boys bait lines with them and am almost out.

Thanks
Brandon
903-504-3561
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/14/15 07:30 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10767691/Trapped_Carp.#Post10767691

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/14/15 09:52 PM

Thanks Blue Nitro, I'll head out and see what I can get.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/15/15 12:06 AM

It's a waste of time unless you plan to catch them by pole and bait. They were never trapped. That drain leads to a big pond. Went after work. ..

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/15/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Cat finder
It's a waste of time unless you plan to catch them by pole and bait. They were never trapped. That drain leads to a big pond. Went after work. ..

Thanks man, I actually went too with my boys and it went down quick. I didn't see a fish, and went all the way to the pond.

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/15/15 02:03 AM

Oh ok yea i saw you and your boys. The little one slipped and fell right? I was the guy in the Brown shirt with the other two walking back on top of the hill.

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/15/15 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Cat finder
Oh ok yea i saw you and your boys. The little one slipped and fell right? I was the guy in the Brown shirt with the other two walking back on top of the hill.

Yeah they both ended up playing in the mud, and of course I had to carry the youngest on shoulders all the way back to truck. Did you try fishing the pond at all? Guess we missed that run by a few hours.

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/15/15 12:53 PM

We cast out one rod but really scared anything away with the cast net we had. It would be a good little spot tho right where it opens up to the lake.
Posted By: Eric BBQMAN

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/18/15 09:26 PM

Throw some corn out and throw your castnet
Posted By: bankman72

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/19/15 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric BBQMAN
Throw some corn out and throw your castnet

this works pretty dang good. especially in the very back end of coves.
Posted By: smileycntfish

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/21/15 04:57 AM

Caught maybe 5 30 pounders today didn't keep them they're actually so thick in the creek I snagged them With a jig fishing for sandies. I'll be going out there soon. I'll post if u catch something.
Posted By: smileycntfish

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/21/15 04:58 AM

If I catch something!
Posted By: nellie

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/23/15 12:44 PM

Are you still wanting fish? I can probably help if you need them, Ray Hubbard.
Took some kids out the other day that wanted to bow fish and we shot carp, buffalo, and gar in the freshly flooded grass.
May take them again soon, let me know if you want them.
Posted By: bankman72

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/28/15 12:11 AM

I found a upgraded (bigger sized) frog gig online and put it on a 10ft pole. I think as close as they are right now to the bank I can get me a few smaller ones for bait. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet though lol.
Posted By: Stephen Clark

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/28/15 12:41 AM

thought this type posts were not allowed on this section?
Posted By: nellie

Re: I need some whole carp - 04/28/15 12:47 PM

Not really a post about bowfishing, just offering fresh buffalo or carp to the OP as he requested, you can just assume I caught them and are offering them to anyone that wants them. I had a very happy gentleman that took 40 buffalo Sunday from me.
If anyone wants some buffalo, send me a PM, next time I take the kids out I will contact you.

Re: I need some whole carp - 05/04/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Stephen Clark
thought this type posts were not allowed on this section?

Sorry if this post was inappropriate or not allowed, I was just looking for some bait.

I caught enough shad the other day to last a while so I'm no longer needing the carp. I appreciate it though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum