Texas Fishing Forum

What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos?????

Posted By: DaBankFishamen

What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 08/31/13 04:05 AM

I enjoy catching every species of fish other than gar!
I believe I have caught every type of fish I possibly could in the North Texas area..
But for some strange reason I really enjoy catching drum, because they can get up to 40+lbs and they fight good!

I live in Denton now, right in between Lewisville and Ray Roberts.

Are there any people out there who fish for drum on a somewhat normal basis or know anything on how to target them?
Posted By: mudcatcarter

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 08/31/13 06:58 AM

grapevine! my wife caught one at 30lbs. pm for questions.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 08/31/13 03:43 PM

Lake Austin and the Colorado River just below Bastrop!
Posted By: catfishguy85

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 08/31/13 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: mudcatcarter
grapevine! my wife caught one at 30lbs. pm for questions.

30# drum in grapevine Holy sh*t
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 09/02/13 12:29 PM

they readily consume tons of crawfish when it rains and the water gets turbid ....
I used to ketch a lot of em as a kid in the trinity after it rained while tryin ta ketch catfish with shrimp ....
best of luck to ya ....
seems just about every lake has pretty good numbers of em in this area ....
proctor is loaded with em ta beat the band btw
Posted By: SW1

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 09/05/13 06:37 PM

i fished an outlet lake of the trinity this Labor Day at the base of the dam and caught a bunch of drum. biggest around 6lb. caught em on a jig head with a boot tail swimbait on the back just bouncing off rocks in moving water
Posted By: Carpfisher

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 09/05/13 09:00 PM

where was this? the dam at anahuac? if so pm me so we can fish sometime.
Posted By: bassslayer123

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 09/17/13 02:17 AM

You can catch countless drum at Squaw creek if you have a boat. Sunday at the creek mouth- far west end of the lake, shad crankbaits, I bet we caught over 50 of them. Please go and remove these pests for the Bass fisherman.. lol
Posted By: TRAILBOSS

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 10/01/13 02:51 AM

Catch lots of them at Texoma on crawfish colored crankbaits.Also live crawfish make great drum bait!!
Posted By: tshirtfan

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 10/11/13 09:35 PM

I was crappie fishin and some guy next to me caught a 22 and 31 lb. buffalo alond with a 34 lb carp at Granbury yesterday. Got me thinking I may wanna catch one. Game Warden was there to weigh them
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: What lakes are "excellent" for Freshwater Drum / Gaspergoos????? - 10/13/13 12:19 AM

I'm sure you could go with the hybrid guide on Benbrook you went with last year, oh wait, that guide is out if business. I forgot. cry
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum