Texas Fishing Forum

umbrella/canopy under $40

Posted By: SOCALCARPER

umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/11/11 04:45 PM

Ever since my last full day expedition at the lake at after a week and a half dealing with sun burn and peeling to the max. I began searching for a shade umbrella but seen them on various carp tackle sites for way past my price range so I was shopping at home depot and came across this one works great has telescoping rod for easy adjustment best of all it only cost 39 and some change compared to other of 80-190+

Posted By: Pondbass

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/11/11 04:52 PM

That thing looks cool! I was thinking about getting something like that but I ended up getting the BFS Eco shelter. Ryan actually texted me a pic of that exact shelter a few weeks ago.
www.bankfishingsystems.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19

I can fit all my gear, a bedchair, and a cooler in it. It'll fit 3 people but it's better suited for 2. I figured this would work better in windy weather since I can stake it down.
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/11/11 04:53 PM

Cool, does it have stakes to hold it down on windy conditions?
Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/11/11 05:00 PM

Yes stakes carry bag and side Windows if need to open and this one is about the same or a little bigger then the one posted on the link above just dosent have the tarp floor part
Posted By: Pondbass

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/11/11 05:02 PM

Cool, it does stake down! I just think that middle pole might make it awkward to use but I guess you can get used to it. Cool find!
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/11/11 06:55 PM

I have a SportsBrella and used it in 25+ mph winds and it worked without a hitch.
I don't know how long it will last, but so far it's been just great.
Posted By: badchade

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/12/11 03:04 PM

Yeah, I saw that. Looks like a good entry-level shelter, but not as sturdy as the Carp-Specific stuff. I think about grabbing one every time I go there.

Chad
Posted By: themilkman

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/13/11 04:40 AM

Oh man, they sell those umbrellas at Sam's Club too! Good value.

Scorpion sells the X2 shelter(bfs shelter) for $40 right now.
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/13/11 08:00 PM

I'd like to see the eco shelter side by side with this sports brella; the sports brella is very stable when staked and tied; the eco just doesn't look so sturdy, but I haven't seen one in the wind...

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/13/11 11:41 PM

I personally used my new X2 shelter this weekend in some high winds with only the 4 basic staking points and it performed wonderfully. It also has a ton of other tie town places on the shelter but honestly they weren't really needed.

ON topic: I do like that "american brolly", cheap, efficient and it just gets the job done. the only thing that I want different is that I want the middle pole to be detachable like the UK versions so you can get a bedchair in there or something.
Posted By: badchade

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/14/11 03:29 AM

I would want it to be Olive Green, or have a FOX Logo on it. Either of those would make it more sturdy.

Re: umbrella/canopy under $40 - 06/14/11 04:43 AM

I like carpy green colors, those help me catch big carps just like Danny.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum