Texas Fishing Forum

Newbie looking for Koi Help

Posted By: Barrblues

Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 12:29 AM

I wanted to know if anybody would let me join them while they are fishing? I would like to see a Carp setup in person. I will not reveal any secret locations or techniques. Just looking to get an idea how to catch a Koi.
I have a Mirror under my belt from a long time ago. Took me three days to figure out how to catch that fish. I was river fishing for cats and saw this mirror carp feeding along the bank. Threw everything I could and only spooked it. Next day same thing. Third day I threw out some canned sweet corn along the bank and the the thing came up from the depths like I had rung a dinner bell. Had a light rig I used for sunfish/perch and loaded that hook up with corn and gently dropped it at the nose of that fish. Wow what fun that was. I knew it was popular in the UK to carp fish but not so much here. Now I find this forum and would like to try my hand at Carp, but would like a little expert help. Really would like to catch a Koi.
Willing to travel in the Central Texas area.
Thanks
Scott
Posted By: Chris Munn

Re: Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 01:03 AM

i think there's alot of us who would like to catch a koi! wink

Re: Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 01:40 AM

Its not all about the Koi. I really need a start with tackle and techniques used for carp.
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 03:22 AM

Scott, i should be fishing somewhere this coming weekend on LBL if you want to come check out the gear and baits

Re: Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 03:54 AM

Cool Thanks
Posted By: Big Ted

Re: Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 03:34 PM

I am also in the area. I come up to Austin quite a bit to fish since it is such an awesome area. I will fish Medina this weekend and also June 15-17.

Good luck!

Re: Newbie looking for Koi Help - 05/31/11 08:01 PM

Big Tod
I cannot make it to Medina this weekend. Could you let me know when you will be in the Austin area?
Thanks,
Scott
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum