Texas Fishing Forum

Is it just me?

Posted By: SomethingSmellsFishy

Is it just me? - 04/29/08 06:15 PM

Seems like Buff season is over and gar season has started? At least from a lot of the posts. If I can make it out this Saturday I'm headed to the vine. Gar for sport, cats, whites, crappie for the table.
Posted By: buffaloman chris

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 06:59 PM

let me know and ill join ya
Posted By: Big Ted

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 07:34 PM

wish i fished enough to tell you
Posted By: Golden Ghost

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 09:11 PM

Thanks a good thing!
People are gaining interest in the gar!

GG
Posted By: Golden Ghost

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 09:12 PM

oh, if any of yall need help, just let me know.
I have a few tips (for gator gar) I can send yall.

GG
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 11:14 PM

Season over for Buffs? I catch plenty of Buff, Carp all year long in Texas! Seriously, I don't know of any time where Buff/Carp ain't biting. Except...maybe right before the spawn, but otherwise if they ain't biting....it could be human error. wink jk..lol... I will say this, seems like Buffalo population is no where near Carp populations.
Posted By: Jason Johonnesson

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 11:21 PM

I think that when you are fishing from shore it most definitely slows down for the buff bite this time of year. In the hotter months they tend to stay in deeper water from what I have observed.

The buff bite is consistent during the summer in my boat slip at 27 feet deep, especially at night. In the winter it's not as consistent.
Posted By: DHFisher

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 11:23 PM

smile I hate to bring this up (yeah right) but if you remember, me and you had the GREATEST BUFF SESSION EVER on the vine in June! Buff season is surely not over! I feel like I'm getting 'Zachitis'... a load of 20+ buffs is just not the same anymore! smile
Posted By: Starless

Re: Is it just me? - 04/29/08 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: DHFisher
smile I hate to bring this up (yeah right) but if you remember, me and you had the GREATEST BUFF SESSION EVER on the vine in June! Buff season is surely not over! I feel like I'm getting 'Zachitis'... a load of 20+ buffs is just not the same anymore! smile

6 20lber's in one afternoon just isn't what it used to be anymore, is it...lmao.
Posted By: DHFisher

Re: Is it just me? - 04/30/08 12:04 AM

eh laugh
Posted By: XXmikeXX

Re: Is it just me? - 04/30/08 01:02 AM

The buff bite on GV is just getting good it seems. The one spot I've been hitting and baiting with range cubes almost daily now has quite a collection of buffs that swing by each evening! LOL

Soon they will just swim up and take the bait from my hand. hammer

I guess the only good thing about not having caught any huge fish like you guys is catching multiple 20+ anything in one day is a heck of a day fishing for me!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum