Texas Fishing Forum

POLL: World Record Common in America?

Posted By: Golden Ghost

POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 06:37 PM

I thought I'd start a "poll" on here...
Here we go...

Cut, and paste the measage *below* the line to your reply, and fill it in.

-------------------------------
Do you think that there is a world record common carp in America?(fill in yes or no)
Answer:

If you said yes, fill in *one or two* American water bodys that you think holds a World Record Common Carp.
Answer 1:
Answer 2:
Posted By: Big Ted

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 06:38 PM

NO

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 06:38 PM

-------------------------------
Do you think that there is a world record common carp in America?(fill in yes or no)
Answer: yes

If you said yes, fill in *one or two* American water bodys that you think holds a World Record Common Carp.
Answer 1: Saint Lawrence river
Answer 2: Lady Bird Lake
Posted By: Big Buffalo

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 07:53 PM

America does not stand a chance compared to the European over-fed carp...99% of our carp rely on natural foods probably. i do believe there are 60's in larry but that's about as high id guess...and might be a 50 or two in town/austin. i seriously doubt a world record common could come from America.
Posted By: Starless

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 10:59 PM

There MAY be a World Record Common in America.

But if there is...it's not in Lady Bird, and it's not in the St. Laurance...

If there's ANY 80+ common in the USA, they're somewhere in the Great Lakes...

I don't think it's likely, but if there are any that size in the US, that's where they are, I'd bet.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard rumors of "100lb commons" caught now and then by commercial fishermen up there lol.
Posted By: Lucky Luke

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 11:24 PM

How about this one

This is from http://www.underwatertimes.com/news.php?article_id=38659110740

it is 265# ?

Posted By: Big Ted

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/21/08 11:37 PM

That is one big carp!
Posted By: Starless

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 12:23 AM

Lol Lucky, that would be a Siamese Carp, not a Common Carp, and definitely not a North American fish!

...I wish it was, though.

Hell of a huge fish!
Posted By: Lucky Luke

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 12:57 AM

Siamese Carp, you saying? hammer
I lern something new every day. LOL

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 01:29 AM

I never even thought bout the great lakes..

Posted By: TheFirstNameThat

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 08:55 AM

duece bigalo himself is the guy on the left

Posted By: El Guahpo

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 12:47 PM

The only way to have a world record carp in the US is to overfeed the fish with boilies, and everything else imaginable, like in Europe. Quite frankly, I prefer the challenge of catching a wild 20 pounder as nature intended...
Posted By: Stusmobile

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 03:27 PM

Could there be a record carp in the USA .... certainly there could especially has been mentioned in some of the great lakes or some of the bigger rivers.

Is there a chance of seeing it on the bank ....... unlikely, theres just not enough people fishing for carp to stand much of a chance of catching the monster.

Take Europe where a large proportion of anglers target carp or fish waters where there are carp ...... and the amount of feed going in every week ..... you'd expect the record to get smashed almost on a weekly basis. The fact it doesn't just goes to show that those big carp are few and far between compared to the normal (lol, like 40's are normal) lumps. Now add to that fact that the waters in Europe are generally smaller and that its known pretty much which waters produce the bigger fish then location is a lot easier.

Switch to this side of the pond .... take Texas for example .... bigger than the UK but with possibly 50 dedicated carp anglers trying to cover all those waters and find the monster. Multiply that by the number of states and the sizes of some of the waters and you're looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

I don't say no to a record carp in the States ... but to actually catch one on purpose with a hook and line ..... lets say I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Stusmobile
Could there be a record carp in the USA .... certainly there could especially has been mentioned in some of the great lakes or some of the bigger rivers.

Is there a chance of seeing it on the bank ....... unlikely, theres just not enough people fishing for carp to stand much of a chance of catching the monster.

Take Europe where a large proportion of anglers target carp or fish waters where there are carp ...... and the amount of feed going in every week ..... you'd expect the record to get smashed almost on a weekly basis. The fact it doesn't just goes to show that those big carp are few and far between compared to the normal (lol, like 40's are normal) lumps. Now add to that fact that the waters in Europe are generally smaller and that its known pretty much which waters produce the bigger fish then location is a lot easier.

Switch to this side of the pond .... take Texas for example .... bigger than the UK but with possibly 50 dedicated carp anglers trying to cover all those waters and find the monster. Multiply that by the number of states and the sizes of some of the waters and you're looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

I don't say no to a record carp in the States ... but to actually catch one on purpose with a hook and line ..... lets say I wouldn't hold my breathe.

flehan
Posted By: ChickenWilly

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/22/08 07:28 PM

That "Siamese carp" looks fake like the scales were air brushed on or something?
Posted By: ScottEvil

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/23/08 10:56 AM

I don't think a world record could come from the US, at least for not another 50 years
Posted By: LoneStarCarper

Re: POLL: World Record Common in America? - 03/24/08 12:37 AM

probaly there is a cool thread about open water carp in the great lakes fish its been like 6 years back on the cag...some info about some carp the commercial fisherman have netted out there that are very large...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum