Texas Fishing Forum

Juniper Cove Whithey

Posted By: marschall

Juniper Cove Whithey - 03/26/23 11:52 AM

The carp have been thrashing the pontoon boats and spawning in the marina now for a month or better, Yesterday there were so many that all the slips and the whole marina was completley full of them. I was taking the pontoon out and I thought my trolling motor was messing up till I could see them and hitting them with the pro.
How much longer do you think they will be in the cove like this. It is impossible to crappie fish with all of them in the slip.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 03/26/23 08:17 PM

Carp spawn from March till September in Texas. Water temperatures between 48 to 90 degrees. thumb

Side Note: Google is my friend! cheers
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/09/23 05:33 PM

Make sure and release every one you catch. Carp are more important than all other sport fish in Whitney to this group. In fact they would prefer you didn't run your outboard or trolling motor for fear of injuring such a valuable sport fish due to it's rarity.
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/09/23 09:23 PM

Carp being good?...when did this start?

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/10/23 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by romeroxl1200
Carp being good?...when did this start?

You don't follow this forum do you?
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/10/23 11:20 PM

Good and bad are relative terms. Management of the resource is a complicated issue and requires compromise. It is clear that carp can coexist, and provide a fun resource, in lakes that have excellent populations of bass and catfish. Lake Fork is a great example. And carp are clearly not the most important fish in Whitney. That would be the black buffalo. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/15/23 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Good and bad are relative terms. Management of the resource is a complicated issue and requires compromise. It is clear that carp can coexist, and provide a fun resource, in lakes that have excellent populations of bass and catfish. Lake Fork is a great example. And carp are clearly not the most important fish in Whitney. That would be the black buffalo. roflmao

[Linked Image]

There would be more Black Buffalo if there were fewer carp. Did you use a range cube to catch that one?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/15/23 06:46 PM

OMG eek2
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Juniper Cove Whithey - 04/16/23 12:25 AM

You may be right about more buffalo with fewer carp. I caught the buffalo on my carp slayer fly. I believe it is still the fly fishing state record.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum