Texas Fishing Forum

Rice in catfish belly

Posted By: Vuon Rau Texas

Rice in catfish belly - 02/12/22 01:09 AM

I went bank fishing at Murrell Park - Grapevine Lake today targeting Carp & Catfish. Caught & release bunch of buffalo on method feeder & hair rig with sweet corn. Buffs are between 8-15lbs, carp are smaller at about 7lb. Caught one blue catfish about 4-5lb with cut bait and decided to keep this one (it had a very fat belly). When I got home and clean the blue cats there are bunch of rice (raw rice not cooked) in its belly, I was wondered why in a natural habitat as Grapevine Lake the catfish has rice it its belly? (sorry I don't have pic since it's almost dark and my hand are busy cleaning).

Thank you
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Rice in catfish belly - 02/12/22 04:24 AM

Someone could have been chumming with it for sure! I doubt it would be a Carp fisherman as we typically boil anything before chumming to make it easier to digest. If you fill them up with raw grains they're less likely to bite your hookbait!
Posted By: Vuon Rau Texas

Re: Rice in catfish belly - 02/12/22 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by TXMulti-Species
Someone could have been chumming with it for sure! I doubt it would be a Carp fisherman as we typically boil anything before chumming to make it easier to digest. If you fill them up with raw grains they're less likely to bite your hookbait!

You right, this is my first time seeing raw rice in chumming method.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Rice in catfish belly - 03/07/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by TXMulti-Species

Please en gish to Am English

AM _ English . . . . .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum