Texas Fishing Forum

Boilies

Posted By: CurlyTailFishing

Boilies - 07/27/21 01:59 AM

Wondering if anybody has any luck with rolling these homemade baits. I have tried my hand at it and although I’m getting close, I haven’t yet found the right mixture. Does anybody have any personal experience behind a rolling table with a recipe that doesn’t suck?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Boilies - 07/27/21 09:07 PM

Wow. Those look great to me. They are much prettier than mine. roflmao

I use a range cube base and add eggs, jello, preserves, bread crumbs, garlic powder, sugar, vanilla, or whatever else I have laying around. The key for me is to use flour to change how sticky the dough gets. I just keep adding flour until it stops sticking to my hands. I then roll different size balls to cover different size fish I am after. I throw the boilies in the microwave for a minute or two to make the outside hard. I then throw them in the freezer. Because of the range cube base, mine sink. Carp and buffalo seem to like them just fine.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Boilies - 07/29/21 12:22 AM

I've got all the boilie rolling bits and bobs in the closet. It's too time-consuming for my tastes! However, experimenting can be fun and it's always rewarding to catch a fish on a homemade bait. I always used semolina flour and eggs (with the shell) as a base and added other ingredients as I saw fit. If any of the old crew responds there used to be a Lone Star Carp Brigade Boilie Rolling Team. If you want to do some digging on your own it's handy to use site specific searches on Google. Just type site:Texasfishingforum.com then your query.

Re: Boilies - 07/29/21 12:56 PM

Thanks for the tips TXMultiSpecies and Osbornfishing. I rolled some last night using bread crumbs and they turned out decent. Only downside is it took about 7 eggs which, for me, is not really practical every time I want boilies but I was able to crank out quite a few. Check them out.

[Linked Image]

Re: Boilies - 07/29/21 07:14 PM

Those look great. Time to stop cooking and start fishing. roflmao Let us know how you do.

Re: Boilies - 07/29/21 09:12 PM

lol
Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Those look great. Time to stop cooking and start fishing. roflmao

Ain’t that right! Will do. Wish me luck!

Re: Boilies - 07/31/21 12:27 AM

I would really be interested to see how your boilies would do in a side by side test with range cubes.

https://youtu.be/4HJNrljkWGI
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum