Texas Fishing Forum

Planning trip to Dallas

Posted By: Freshwater Phil

Planning trip to Dallas - 01/21/20 02:33 PM

Hoping to make it down to Dallas in mid February for the first time in 4 years. Still looking for my first buff, was thinking Ray Hubbard may be prime target, with White Rock as backup as it's a few minutes drive from where I'd be staying. If any of you have other tips on ponds or creeks in the area that may be productive, feel free to message me or post reply. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Planning trip to Dallas - 01/21/20 03:13 PM

I would look at White Rock if it is close. Most of the buff are under 20 pounds, but there is a good population of them, common carp, and the occasional Koi.
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Planning trip to Dallas - 01/21/20 10:35 PM

White Rock can be tough! There are better options around the area IMO. Hubbard is one of my favorites for big fish (locally) & numbers, Grapevine is a close second.
Posted By: CoC Angler

Re: Planning trip to Dallas - 01/29/20 02:17 PM

White rock was a staple for me when i lived in Dallas. It had a much higher buffalo to common yield ratio for me as well. Fish tend to be between 5-16lbs. Can be hit or miss with cooler temps. If you had the time, i would suggest pre-baiting for 2-3 days prior to fishing it. Ray Hubbard will undoubtedly yield much bigger fish, and can yield impressive numbers as well with proper planning/swim selection.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum