Texas Fishing Forum

Houston Area Carp

Posted By: Brine

Houston Area Carp - 08/03/19 06:30 PM

Moved to TX from GA in November. My wife and I like to supplement our bass fishing with the occasional trip to target the golden ghosts. I've found that not many people target them (publicly) here, as finding info on places to go near me has been a bit of a struggle. I'm not big on the idea of sitting in a man-made bayou downtown, as half the purpose for me going is being able to relax somewhere that doesn't feel like the city. That said, if it's the best place to target them.... I'll fish off a hi-rise balcony. grin

I'm in NW Houston. If anyone has some carpin spots/info to share, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Houston Area Carp - 08/03/19 06:39 PM

There were a few carpers in the Houston area that have posted here in the past. Maybe they will see this and send you some info. Good luck.
Posted By: TexasRoughFishing

Re: Houston Area Carp - 08/03/19 08:02 PM

Check out this YouTube channel, he’s from the Houston area. He mainly fishes Bray’s Bayou, but he’s got a ton of carp fishing videos filmed in different spots around the general Houston area.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC96t3SfFIm5KRV9BopdUwLg
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Houston Area Carp - 08/03/19 08:27 PM

Lake Woodlands and Lake Paloma look pretty juicy! Cypress Lake as well. thumb thumb

Lake Woodlands

Lake Paloma

Cypress Lake
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum