Texas Fishing Forum

Trinity Depth ???

Posted By: FW Carper

Trinity Depth ??? - 10/24/18 03:29 PM

I know for a fact that the West Fork of The Trinity is a treasure trove/cornucopia of anything you can imagine. I have seen small gar, have hung a nice carp, and caught a pretty blue cat along with turtles. I'm curious if anyone has a resource which notes the depth of The Trinity in the Fort Worth area. I'm looking to really dial in on some carp and maybe venture into catching some buffs.

Unfortunately, Navionics only maps major lakes.

I know the East Fork is a prime bass location, but no one here cares about those whimps. wink
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Trinity Depth ??? - 10/24/18 03:38 PM

AFAIK your best bet would be to map it out yourself. I bought a kayak and Deeper sonar recently and have been mapping out a good chunk of ponds/rivers/creeks with it. It definitely gives you the leg up on your competition!
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Trinity Depth ??? - 10/24/18 06:14 PM

There are a ton of dams on it so the depth changes a lot. There are stretches of 1-2 feet that go on for like 1/2 a mile and there are areas that get very very deep, 25+ feet possibly more, I have not idea what the highest depths actually are.

Eric
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Trinity Depth ??? - 10/24/18 08:47 PM

My favorite spots on the East Fork are sharp bends in the river channel. I know during floods that water is just dredging out space in that curve changing it after every flood.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum