Texas Fishing Forum

Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX

Posted By: bschat

Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/09/18 01:49 PM

Sunday morning was the most pleasant weather day in a while, so I focused on one water body to do some bird watching and fishing. The area is slowly, slowly coming away from a major drought. Got 1.36 inches for June, below the 2.98inches for June and 3.70 inches for the year well below the 8.55 for the year today AV. We got less that.34 wide scattered in the county so far for July. My attempt as weatherman said, the playas are showing some recovery, with noticeable water levels improving. The fishing was not what I excepted to start out with, a 7 inch channel cat on chocolate dough bait,. should have took a pic, but my weird quirks of taking pic of a 7 inch fish got the best of me. The first channel for me in Lubbock county since moving here in March. Then the bullhead party, I caught four in less than 15 minutes on the drainage slab, all under 6 inches. I moved over to a weed bank and the carp where there. I managed to land three, with the largest at 23 inches. With in the two hour I fished before work I land 3 carp, 6 bullheads, 1 channel cat and lost two large fish due trash. Most of the playa are littered with blown trash.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/10/18 02:01 AM

Nice post and fish. Hope you get some more RAIN up there in Lubbock! woot
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/10/18 03:45 AM

Nice work! IMO every fish is worth a picture, at the very least it allows you to accurately tally up how many you caught that day
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/10/18 07:05 PM

WTG! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/10/18 10:06 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/11/18 01:33 PM

Nice carp!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Leroy Elmore -Lubbock TX - 07/12/18 01:36 PM

Nice fish. Thanks for sharing.