Texas Fishing Forum

Pre spawn fatties

Posted By: Freshwater Phil

Pre spawn fatties - 06/04/18 12:53 PM

Carp still in pre spawn up here, fishing getting better by the day. My 12 and 6 year old boys had fun landing 9 of 14. I followed up with a fat two tone. After dinner, took my 15 year old son out, he landed a couple good ones, including his new PB of 27.5 lbs.

Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/04/18 01:58 PM

Man those are some seriously nice fish. Some happy kiddos too.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/04/18 02:42 PM

Awesome memories! WTG guys bannana2
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/05/18 02:54 AM

Beautiful fish, congrats to your son on the PB!
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/05/18 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: TXMulti-Species
Beautiful fish, congrats to your son on the PB!

+1
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/05/18 05:13 PM

Awesome post. Congratulations on your Son's PB! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/06/18 12:45 PM

Great post,memories,and fish. Good job. woot

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/06/18 01:36 PM

Thanks all... Landed a couple more last night, all hits were on my Black Magic boilies.

Also lost a smaller fish, seemed like a channel cat from the way it took the bait, and the short fight. Came off in a weedbed, but I found half a musky's lower jaw at the end of my line when I brought it in.

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/06/18 02:15 PM

Nice fish and a good post. How in the heck did you end up with the jaw of a fish. Was the Musky on your line? If so I have never heard or seen a jaw taken out of a fish while being caught? Interesting.

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/06/18 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Nice fish and a good post. How in the heck did you end up with the jaw of a fish. Was the Musky on your line? If so I have never heard or seen a jaw taken out of a fish while being caught? Interesting.

No LOL. That jaw must have been decaying for a long time, guessing the current may have pushed it up onto shallow weedbed, and fish ran into it while fighting. Lost the fish (possibly small channel cat), but ended up with a cool story.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/06/18 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Freshwater Phil
Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

No LOL. That jaw must have been decaying for a long time, guessing the current may have pushed it up onto shallow weedbed, and fish ran into it while fighting. Lost the fish (possibly small channel cat), but ended up with a cool story.

Yes indeed! That had to be a surprise! Again super post and fish!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pre spawn fatties - 06/06/18 04:25 PM

As always! Some more super fish! Good job. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum