Texas Fishing Forum

Gar in Benbrook?

Posted By: topherdel

Gar in Benbrook? - 05/07/18 03:55 AM

I have never seen a gar in Lake Benbrook. As many times as I have been there I would think I would see one if they existed there. However, a week ago Saturday, I saw 3 dead gar in a foot of water against the shore. Very strange!
Posted By: Jake Blood

Re: Gar in Benbrook? - 05/08/18 02:27 PM

Maybe someone stupidly tried to introduce them to the lake? I have never seen or heard of them there either...
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Gar in Benbrook? - 05/09/18 04:58 PM

I was under the assumption they were everywhere. They are native to Tx so I would be surprised if any major body of water DOESNT have them.
Posted By: Blues

Re: Gar in Benbrook? - 05/09/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: spazm09
I was under the assumption they were everywhere. They are native to Tx so I would be surprised if any major body of water DOESNT have them.

Lots of lakes out west don't have gar, but I would be surprised if any DFW lake doesn't...
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Gar in Benbrook? - 05/09/18 07:47 PM

Saw one needlenose in it about 5 years ago. It was the 1st and last one I’ve ever seen on it. It was about as long as my Zakk Royce planer boards!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Sumfish

Re: Gar in Benbrook? - 05/16/18 12:05 AM

July 5th 2018 will make 60 years since I have been going to BB d.o.b.7-4-58 and I have fished, waded, walked boated and swam all over this lake and never have seen a gar. But they have been pumping water in from more than one lake east of here. Yellow bass for sure have migrated through the pipelines. If gar were to show up don't know if they could survive since there are none in the Clearfork watershed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum