Texas Fishing Forum

Fresh carp for sale

Posted By: supersix

Fresh carp for sale - 02/07/18 07:13 PM

Does anyone know of any places in and around austin that sale fresh carp.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/07/18 07:17 PM

Go to any local Asian market. I have one near me in North Texas and I have bought fresh Buffalo, Carp and live crawdads.
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/08/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: JJ4MEL
Go to any local Asian market. I have one near me in North Texas and I have bought fresh Buffalo, Carp and live crawdads.
we are having our monthly fish in on saturday march the 3rd at whiterock from 7 am to 5pm .645 am peg draw if you have a special spot you want to pick if not come at your convenience .we will be meeting and fishing at 3800 west lawther .open to anyone interested in coming

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/08/18 03:12 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Will check it out.
Posted By: TXMako2201

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/09/18 06:10 PM

fiesta seafood market MIGHT have it... i've seen fresh buff in there

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/24/18 01:07 AM

Wanted to see if any carp fishing guys around the san marcos area woule like to sale or give away their fresh catch. Want to use it for cut bait.
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/27/18 07:04 PM

You will be whipped and scourged.
Posted By: MinMirny

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/27/18 09:41 PM

food not exactly, but... smile I love it when someone is keeping carp for food. Like this good friend of mine just told me his two years old angel is loving fresh carp, his cooking(!) smile
But for some reason, I personally would never give carp to anyone to use as a bait. I'd rather let fish go free )))))
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/27/18 10:32 PM

Well then catch yourself a few, kill them and butcher them/use for bait. It is bizarre that all these carpers are against any form of management when it comes to carp which has many detrimental effects on Texas waterways not to mention eating the eggs of fish that are actually good to eat. Carpers must be democrats whose motto is screw everybody! I think any carp under 10 pounds should be treated like Tilapia, gutted immediatly.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 02/28/18 10:47 PM

Never been able to get the bones to cook soft even when scouring the meat like instructed. Carp does make good bait and it's not like it'll impact the population! Side note, largemouth taste very very similar to crappie so they can go on the stringer too!

Eric
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Fresh carp for sale - 03/01/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: supersix
Does anyone know of any places in and around austin that sale fresh carp.

They will also probably have Buffalo which is both better eating and better bait.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum