Texas Fishing Forum

Cormorants

Posted By: Dfitz

Cormorants - 02/06/14 07:51 PM

I fished White Rock by the dog park, and I'm thinking there are too many fish eating birds. This pics is just from couple trees, after I scared some off.

Get your permits for private land owners and shoot on site. They are eating shad, and small game fish by the hundreds.

I've seen some so fat they can barely take off

Fish eating birds taste horrible so there is no table value, but I still want them to die

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cormorants - 02/06/14 07:55 PM

Yes sir they eat their fair share of fish. eeks During the winter time they will stage down river while the Guadalupe River is being stocked with trout. nuts
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Cormorants - 02/06/14 07:56 PM

Wish we could just blast em smile last 2 years they drag the carcasses up off bottom,pick em clean,leave the carcasses everywhere and poop like mad on everything. Nasty nasty birds.
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Cormorants - 02/06/14 08:27 PM

fish eating machines for sure!
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Cormorants - 02/06/14 09:01 PM

Best use for a cormorant is an oil-spill-soaker-upper.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: crowsie14
fish eating machines for sure!

Yes they are. There ought to be an open season on em ! slinger
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 02:04 AM

I have friend that has caught them 20 ft. deep on trotlines. They take way too many game fish, all cormorants should die!
Posted By: balazs

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Yes sir they eat their fair share of fish. eeks During the winter time they will stage down river while the Guadalupe River is being stocked with trout. nuts

Check out millers pond if you want to see the massacre. Its like 2 acres and last I went there were about 80 cormorants gorging on the trout. They were getting busted up so bad, there was nowhere for them to hide. They were hard to catch too, the birds had them scared.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 07:42 PM

All stupid water turkeys should be shot slinger
Posted By: skeeter

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 08:13 PM

our lake in East Tx gets a permit every year and its always fun take 500 or so out evey year. It seems that the more you kill the more that will be back next year. I know our bait fish and crappie have been hurt over the last 5 years.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 08:49 PM

Catfishermen love em because they bring in the cats.
Posted By: Charlie B

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 09:15 PM

Yep find those birds in trees over water or standing timber and there is a ton of cats below them eating their... well you know what. It is so bad over by the dog park there on White Rock that I won't even walk that section of the lake.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Cormorants - 02/07/14 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Hookem
Best use for a cormorant is an oil-spill-soaker-upper.

I will steal that line and use it someday. That is awesome!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum