Texas Fishing Forum

Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx)

Posted By: BrianScott

Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/04/14 04:27 AM

Posted By: z7x374

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/04/14 07:47 PM

Im normally not the kind of person to be a stickler about this, but couldnt you of have just gripped the bass straight from the water and take the hooks out by hand, or have the pliers handy instead of letting it flop around the the grass for a while?

Oh well, to each their own.

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/05/14 04:18 AM

I used to take the hook out by hand until the day.
5lbs of bass digging a hook into your finger so deep you can't pop it through and cut the barb. Will change your view about unhooking. Having to rip it out isn't fun or easy.

To each their own
Posted By: CaliforniaTexan

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/07/14 10:41 PM

I've got a couple spots near Katy. One place is a top water pond that is so shallow, you wouldn't believe you could catch a 7 lb'er in it.

Nice Vids Brian. I have some cool ones on that pond, but haven't gotten around to editing or youtubing.

I haven't fished them lately, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to take the boat out.

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/08/14 04:13 AM

good stuff bro!
Posted By: Dizz

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/08/14 01:59 PM

Thanks for sharing the video man ! I grew up in Houston and mainly would sneak out to golf courses and kill them in some unpressured ponds. Tons of fun. It's been to long since I've done that. Spoiled now in east texas! Good luck and keep sharing.

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/08/14 02:05 PM

got to check out some courses, thanks Dizz
Posted By: CaliforniaTexan

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/08/14 11:16 PM

Houston Oaks in Hockley had some HUGE bass I had many 8+ on there before they built house on the Teneco/Lnks side.

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/09/14 12:34 PM

thanks for the info bro
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/10/14 03:46 AM

very nice

Re: Grand Lakes Bass (Katy, Tx) - 02/10/14 04:10 AM

thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum