Texas Fishing Forum

Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar!

Posted By: Bubba Bedre

Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 02:10 PM

90"x40" went out yesterday afternoon and caught a true monster. It Put up a good fight. We took our smaller 16 foot Jon boat to a spot on the river rarely fished and it payed off. [img:center][/img]

[img:center][/img]
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 02:36 PM

a true beast!congrats on the new record.
Posted By: Harte Nuss

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 02:40 PM

thumb
Posted By: Friend2thefatherless

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 02:40 PM

Its the lucky DC shirt..Awesome fish
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 02:47 PM

That thing is a beast. Good job on the C&R
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 03:02 PM

Wow, that is huge--would put up a good fight vs King Kong.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 03:07 PM

Good Lord! Well congrats on the record and am VERY glad you got him out of our waters! Man, that thing could really hurt someone

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 03:26 PM

They are not going to send in for the official record. So it still stands at 7'3
It's not the first time clients have opted to not make there records official. We caught a 7'11" two years ago that never got sent in.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Good Lord! Well congrats on the record and am VERY glad you got him out of our waters! Man, that thing could really hurt someone

CATCH AND RELEASE. I think that means it is still swimming. smile

MO
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 03:46 PM

What a monster!
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 07:11 PM

rolleyes
Posted By: Basscar

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 10:57 PM

Awesome. Good fish.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/19/13 11:34 PM

Beautiful fish and Congratulations on the Record! cheers
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 01:07 AM

Sorry, I practice catch and release each and every time I go fishing BUT not for these things! As I said, nice catch but I was raised to see no useful purpose for them.
Originally Posted By: Mo

MO

Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 01:26 AM

Sorry, I practice catch and release each and every time I go fishing BUT not for these things! As I said, nice catch but I was raised to see no useful purpose for them.
Originally Posted By: Mo

MO

It don't hurt to change one's mind, most of us were raised to think gar didn't have a good purpose. For the most part there is not much overlap between big gator gar and other fish people chase like bass and crappie anyway.

Nice fish Bubba. Been a lot of good ones coming in lately.
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 01:29 AM

Wow. That's a nice fish.
Posted By: young cat

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 03:13 AM

What a beast congrats on the record
Posted By: Marathonman

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 03:33 AM

Whoaaa that's a good one
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Bubba Bedre
They are not going to send in for the official record. So it still stands at 7'3
It's not the first time clients have opted to not make there records official. We caught a 7'11" two years ago that never got sent in.
...why?

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 08:42 AM

Some people don't care about that stuff. It's fine with me I will just keep breaking it.
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 12:49 PM

That's a beauty of a fish right there! Congrats, and job well done...

Any estimate on how old she may have been? I know it takes years and years for those fish to make it to be that big.
Posted By: SLABmeSILLY

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 01:26 PM

It's like having a croc on the other end of the line... Wow
Posted By: yippy dippy

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/20/13 02:17 PM

Whats the est. weight of this beast? Im guessing between 175-200 lbs.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/21/13 11:15 AM

Congratulations on a super fish and State Record!
Posted By: AustinBassFishingGuide

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/21/13 08:17 PM

Dude, that is sick!

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/24/13 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: yippy dippy
Whats the est. weight of this beast? Im guessing between 175-200 lbs.

Duckhuntr35 (Kirk Kirkland) said about 190lb
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/25/13 01:24 PM

Monster!!!!
Congrats !- true beast
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/26/13 02:33 AM

flehan
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/26/13 02:56 AM

Anybody want to go swimming?........
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/26/13 05:10 AM

Congrats
Posted By: ToneyC

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/26/13 08:56 PM

They actually serve a very useful purpose Lee and they are an essential part of the ecosystem. They have been around for millions of years in our Native waters and they have yet to bite a human or decimate any game fish populations. A little research enlightens one's mind; even if you were raised to think differently...
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: Smashed the Texas catch and release record with a 90" alligator gar! - 08/26/13 09:29 PM

wow! nice fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum