Texas Fishing Forum

Hummingbird nest

Posted By: karpbuster

Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 07:29 PM

Can you see the nest and the hummingbird?

This hummingbird is in front of my brother's house, my other brother took the picture as he was turning on the swamp cooler and noticed it.

Posted By: Tech Angler

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 07:31 PM

Too cool!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Tech Angler
Too cool!!!

Plus #1.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 09:17 PM

Neat! I've never seen a hummingbird not in flight. Of course, after moving here from Fort Worth I pretty much don't see them at all.
Posted By: young cat

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 09:36 PM

Very cool
Posted By: cellis

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 10:42 PM

thumb
Posted By: SuperG

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/06/13 10:47 PM

That's too cool!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/07/13 12:32 PM

Cool Picture.
Posted By: Basszilla

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/19/13 08:53 PM

WOW!!! Nice! I've been asking around if anyone has ever seen a hummingbird on a nest. First for me...
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/19/13 10:33 PM

I've got a pic at home I"ll post.
Posted By: lvngstonbassmn

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/20/13 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Tech Angler
Too cool!!!
Posted By: RedTopLady

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/20/13 03:46 AM

Each year I keep feeders out and have so many birds, I really get a show. I have searched and searched my trees with binoculars hoping to find a nest, but never have seen one. That is great to actually see one that is not in a magazine. You should send a pic to Birds and Blooms magazine. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/20/13 10:35 AM

Great picture. Man, finding and actually getting a picture of these little guys is very hard to do.
We only have a few here outside of Boyd,TX. Guess we are 'off the flight path'. But, we put feeders out for them and wife and I both love to watch them.
Somewhere I have a picture of one I was VERY lucky to catch in flight at the feeder. Man, even that is hard to do.
Good post, great picture!
thumb fish
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/20/13 07:18 PM

My cousin has one in her backyard. The egg has already hatched and there's a tiny baby in the nest. They use a telescope from inside the house to film it feeding.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/20/13 11:47 PM

Cool!
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/21/13 12:46 PM

Great photo
Posted By: Ben K

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/21/13 04:22 PM

WOW your lucky. I live out here in Lubbock and only see hummers in the spring and late july till late Oct on their migrations.
Posted By: PGordon57

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/21/13 04:28 PM

cool ive never seen one in the wild
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/21/13 06:59 PM

cool
Posted By: Stogie

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/22/13 01:47 PM

If yall ever are interested Rockport has a hummingbird festival ever fall. It sounds weird and I thought so at 1st but a very kool event.

Evidently the S. Texas coast is the last stopping place as the hummers as far away as Alaska migrate South for the winter.

Here is a link if you are interested. The wife and I go about every 3 yrs.

http://www.rockporthummingbird.com/
Posted By: barneypoo69

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/23/13 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Stogie
If yall ever are interested Rockport has a hummingbird festival ever fall. It sounds weird and I thought so at 1st but a very kool event.

Evidently the S. Texas coast is the last stopping place as the hummers as far away as Alaska migrate South for the winter.

Here is a link if you are interested. The wife and I go about every 3 yrs.

http://www.rockporthummingbird.com/

Thanks for the heads-up..I love Rockport & would love to live in that area.
We have feeders & when it needs to be refilled...they buzz me...just hang in the air about 5 feet from me & "talk". They also let me know when they get here around April...they are hungry. Beautiful little birds.
Posted By: Josh_W

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/23/13 07:15 PM

Cool pic!
Posted By: BassinButch

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/23/13 11:21 PM

Awesome
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/28/13 05:49 PM

Thanks everyone. The key to having a hummingbird nest in your tree must be to never do yard work. So they must like a no traffic tree like my brother's. wink
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Hummingbird nest - 06/29/13 01:58 PM

Great photo, I have looked also but never found a nest. It is an awesome photo, Thanks for sharing it.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Hummingbird nest - 07/09/13 02:15 AM

Thats cool. So is the nest more common on certain trees?
Posted By: Brady S

Re: Hummingbird nest - 07/09/13 02:27 AM

Cool how they camo them up huh?! I found one this spring while turkey hunting, I just happened to set up under a oak that had one in it.

Google Dan Brown Hummer House. He has the largest concentration of hummers in Texas, nice guy too. Lives on the South Concho River at Christoval. My dad runs some longhorn cattle on his ranch across the hwy from his home place. They have cabins for rent and an observation room. You can literally see 30-50 hummers all at one time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum