Texas Fishing Forum

Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River

Posted By: Toxarch

Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/24/12 08:58 AM

I tried the search but it said the search was disabled. This is in Dallas in a creek, behind a meat packing plant, that empties into the Trinity. Taken by a hobby drone flier at 400 feet and reported to the Police.

http://jalopnik.com/5878689/a-drone-spotted-this-disgusting-river-of-meat-blood-in-texas

Quote:
A Drone Spotted This Disgusting River Of Meat Blood In Texas

A Dallas drone hobbyist was flying his rig around one bright Texan afternoon, scouting the skies, when he hovered across something perturbing: an enormous, oozing river of blood behind a meatpacking plant. That's gross and illegal! Here come the cops.

The pilot tells sUAS News his reaction, which sounds remarkably calm given he discovered a huge stream of blood emptying into the Trinity River:

Quote:
I was looking at images after the flight that showed a blood red creek and was thinking, could this really be what I think it is? Can you really do that, surely not?

Unfortunately, you can do it! But not legally. Federal and state authorities are now on that meat plant's [censored]—fetid pig blood should not be in waterways—all thanks to aerial diligence. As sUAS News points out, this is the kind of environmental bust that would've likely never happened before the present day. It's also refreshing to see an aerial drone used to discover (and potentially choke) a river of blood, rather than creating one.

Posted By: Bildo

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/24/12 08:26 PM

I bet that's a good spot to fish

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/24/12 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bildo
I bet that's a good spot to fish

I was thinking there's probably a LOT of catfish stacked up where that empties into the creek or river.

Posted By: Comeonfish

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/24/12 11:55 PM

the river runs red...

Posted By: Pope1

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/25/12 12:33 AM

I doubt there are any fish where it discharges into the river. The decomposition of the blood will drop oxygen levels and create a dead zone. Who needs EPA regs?!?! Certainly not us.

Posted By: Equinox

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/25/12 02:51 AM

Agreed Pope!

Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/26/12 04:36 AM

What a sad day for Dallas and the Trinity. Where were the watchdog agencies all this time? Why did it take a private citizen to uncover this?

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/27/12 12:32 AM

Underfunded and spread thin?

Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/27/12 01:48 AM

There is probably worse stuff in that river than blood.

Posted By: Fishbox

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/27/12 03:27 AM

We had laws against this sort of dumping before the EPA became our economy killer!!
Eliminate the EPA, DOE,DOEd,BOI,DHS,FEMA, ...and I can't remember all the alphabet acronyms money pit agencies....
Keep the military, the CIA, and FBI and get rid of the rest!!!!

Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/27/12 04:39 AM

http://screencast.com/t/lZAE0dPQfcxk

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/27/12 07:30 AM

18 citations

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/company-accused-of-dumping-pig-blood-into-trinity-cited-18-times/

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/28/12 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishbox
We had laws against this sort of dumping before the EPA became our economy killer!!
Eliminate the EPA, DOE,DOEd,BOI,DHS,FEMA, ...and I can't remember all the alphabet acronyms money pit agencies....
Keep the military, the CIA, and FBI and get rid of the rest!!!!

You mean when we had situations like this, when rivers caught on fire. Yeah, we had laws...weak laws few followed.
http://ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=1642

Laws without enforcement are toothless. I guess you don't think the FDA is important either. Spend a lot of time reading? Thinking?

Posted By: Scott Smith

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/29/12 02:45 PM

Let a small struggling business fart in the wind and the EPA will shut them down. I guess it's who you are or who you know.

Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/29/12 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Equinox
Agreed Pope!

Oh, there are plenty of regs. The problem is no one is enforcing them

Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/29/12 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbox

You forgot the PMS!

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 01/29/12 11:16 PM

And the folks flushing meds down their toilet! Straight through the filtration plants and back into our lakes, thus our drinking water...

Posted By: TXDragon

Re: Dallas: River of Blood dumps into Trinity River - 02/03/12 07:03 PM

The worst thing that pollutes our groundwater are the parents that dont shake the turds out of their baby's dirty disposable diaper before throwing them away. If you read the fine print on a diaper box it tells you to do this, but NO ONE does. Landfills are not waste management sites, and therefore not equipped to handle human waste.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum