Texas Fishing Forum

Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they?

Posted By: REDFISHON

Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 06:39 PM

I put my foot in for reference..Any ideas? Can you eat them??I hooked them right below the petro chemical plant..

I think they might be related to these fish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahhOJWkgo1g
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:04 PM

They look like giant minnows to me. I will be interested myself to see what they are myself.
Posted By: Keith Stone!

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:05 PM

Grass carp/white amur?
Posted By: Polar

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:32 PM

LMAO!!

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg_G
Grass carp/white amur?

I dont think so.. Anyone know if I can eat them??
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: REDFISHON
Originally Posted By: Greg_G
Grass carp/white amur?

I dont think so.. Anyone know if can I eat them??

only one way to find out....:)
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:50 PM

Chemical Plant = Strange looking fish
I don't think I'd eat that. You may wake up the next morning looking like the incredible HULK! lol
Posted By: Salt396

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:56 PM

The top one is a Central Stoneroller (Campastoma anomalum) and the bottom one is a Blacktail Shiner (Cyprinella venusta). And that sir, is Not your leg. I am not sure if that is a Ken doll or what, but it's definitely plastic. Also, sure, go ahead and eat them.

Nice trick, you really freaked me out for a second thinking that a stoneroller had gotten that big. smile
Posted By: Mo

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 07:57 PM

blacktail shiner , you got the state record there, smile

Congrats, hope you did the paperwork smile

Mo
Posted By: Dirty Bass

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 08:07 PM

Looks like that minnow has been hanging with Barry Bonds

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 08:21 PM

The lucky fisherman.. I will never get skunked again..

Posted By: Whisker Wrangler

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 08:33 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

permission to make this my signature!!! ahahahah

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: gtifan18t

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

permission to make this my signature!!! ahahahah

Go for it
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 08:55 PM

I'm just wondering if you collect Ken dolls? Hahaha
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 09:29 PM

Have to admit, I fell for it. But then I don't play with dolls. Either way, funny!
Posted By: nate king

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 10:15 PM

I was going to hallor....PHOTOSHOP, just did not look right, and i was not even looking at the leg

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/30/09 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: PI bassfisher
I was going to hallor....PHOTOSHOP, just did not look right, and i was not even looking at the leg

It wasnt photo shopped just took the pic from Kens view..LOL
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/31/09 03:16 AM

I've had about eleventy-seven beers tonite and I still know that ain't right!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/31/09 03:26 AM

Looks like a minnow....BIG minnow
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/31/09 10:18 AM

rolfmaorolfmaorolfmaorolfmaorolfmao
Posted By: Alec Cochran

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 01/31/09 09:19 PM

rolfmao cheers rolfmao

You got me... grin
Posted By: Josh Ray

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/01/09 05:49 PM

that was pretty good
Posted By: Bolivar-Rick

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/01/09 06:06 PM

LOL..You had me goin!
Posted By: Scott Smith

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/01/09 07:03 PM

I got to admit, I was leaning in on that one. I didn't even notice the leg, I was zeroed in on those big fish. LOL.
Posted By: gaspergou

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/01/09 09:59 PM

Seen too many venustus, was good but the leg did not look like a normal fisherman's leg....more like a crow-kay pro crochet? pro. That game with the wickets and the concentrically colored mallets.
Posted By: grescobia

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/01/09 10:33 PM

IF THEY GLOW IN THE DARK I SUGGEST YOU DONT EAT THEM
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/02/09 12:47 AM

i saw this and just kept looking over at the lucky minnows that survived a trip a yr ago that now reside in my fish tank... good one though
Posted By: BowtieZR5

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 04:49 AM

great photo. wow i had to look twice. i was thinking grass carp or bowfin at first.
Posted By: Roddy69r

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 10:06 AM

Now that was pretty cool!
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 10:26 AM

yep, got me too! still great job, though. "A" for effort. thumb
Man, C'mon spring! I think all this winter is making us all just a little crazy. nuts
Posted By: Tebam11

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 11:29 AM

You had me!!
Posted By: Lone Star Lunker Hunter

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 11:32 AM

wow that was some funny [censored] good one me and my brother were like they look like some big [censored] minnows lol hahahahaha
Posted By: BigMack

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 02:04 PM

Mmmmmmmmm

Chemical Plant Sauce makes 'um special.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 02:17 PM

ROFLMAO!!! That is priceless nice pics.
Posted By: SideKick

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/03/09 02:22 PM

Central stoneroller??? is that like Manheim steamroller?

Posted By: Domn8tor~202

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/04/09 02:38 PM

holly cow ya got me....
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/04/09 06:52 PM

If I had a Ken doll I would do the same thing next time I catch a tiny LMB. You could probably freak some people out.
Posted By: Bilge Bait

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/04/09 07:00 PM

I thought it was a prosthetic leg at first, but the 1,000,000 watt brightness gave it away as a semi-macro photograph. To get that type of light in the daytime you would have to stand beside a nuclear explosion.

Cool photo though! I like the way you think!

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/04/09 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: LoginName
I thought it was a prosthetic leg at first, but the 1,000,000 watt brightness gave it away as a semi-macro photograph. To get that type of light in the daytime you would have to stand beside a nuclear explosion.

Cool photo though! I like the way you think!

Never said I was the best photographer.. Still fooled alot of people..I was just bored so I went fishing online and landed a few LOL..Glad yall liked it. Its going to be hard to top this. Last gag was..

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2724833/4

I do crab noodle just never seen anyone loose a finger..LOL
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/04/09 09:28 PM

funny pics
Posted By: mysavioreigns

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/04/09 09:43 PM

That is hilarious! Greatness...
Posted By: Fishnaggie96

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/05/09 10:54 AM

HOLY HELL! I'm sitting in my office laughing my butt off and people are starting to peek around the corner making sure I am alright....That second pic is great, I dang near fell for it! Nice job.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/05/09 11:15 AM

That is Awesome! Looks like a great lead in for a Robot Chicken episode. As Johnny Carson might say, "That's funny stuff!"
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/05/09 04:57 PM

Haha... good one!!!
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/05/09 05:14 PM

pretty good!
Posted By: Gambit

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/05/09 08:56 PM

that was pure genious, had me fooled for a min
Posted By: skeeter190

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/11/09 03:06 AM

That is a redfish that spawned out with a shad

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/12/09 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Gambit
that was pure genious, had me fooled for a min

Thanks I try to keep things intresting..
Posted By: m5ash™

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/12/09 04:15 AM

Thats funny, can't wait to share it with my none tff'rs......
Posted By: gitthanet

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/12/09 07:57 AM

I don't know which is more troubling: the guy that carries the Ken doll around; or the the guy that recognized the leg of Ken so spot on???
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/12/09 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: MurraynTx
Chemical Plant = Strange looking fish
I don't think I'd eat that. You may wake up the next morning looking like the incredible HULK! lol

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao
Posted By: polingpower

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 04:33 AM

banana cheers banana
Posted By: Joshuaryan

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 04:47 AM

wow, that thing is pretty big. Looks like a minnow but I wouldn't suggest eating it if you caught it near a chemical plant.

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Joshuaryan
wow, that thing is pretty big. Looks like a minnow but I wouldn't suggest eating it if you caught it near a chemical plant.

Wow another one hook line and sinker.. Does anyone read anymore??
Posted By: naseflorio

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 08:16 AM

-
Posted By: AL Bay Stealth

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 04:36 PM

LMAO!!!

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 06:39 PM

Wow another one hook line and sinker.. Does anyone read anymore??

I guess not
Posted By: GRIP IT AN RIP IT !

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 06:49 PM

grass carp id say

Posted By: evolution44

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/13/09 06:59 PM

We need to have a yearly TFF awards show. This thread would surely win something....

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/14/09 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: evolution44
We need to have a yearly TFF awards show. This thread would surely win something....

I didnt even think it was that good..I was just messing with some bait in the koi pond when my 3 year girl came outside with her Ken doll and it hit me. Why not take a funny pic...

bow_down

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 02/14/09 03:58 AM

I like to play with action figures too...

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 03/15/09 04:41 AM

Please read above its a joke..

bow_down
Posted By: Bluwave Mike

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 03/15/09 05:30 PM

Ya ther great to eat!

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 01:21 PM

TTT

Posted By: Dblaow (Mr Intensity)

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: evolution44

+1
this is hilarious.

Posted By: Bossier Bengal

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 05:02 PM

You reeled me in on that one...great pic.

Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 05:10 PM

BWAAHAHAH! I forgot about this thread.
Still hilarious!!

we need another one like it.

Posted By: Aggie_Angler

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 06:06 PM

LOVE IT!

Godzilla central stoneroller

Godzilla blacktail shiner

Posted By: SnK1993

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 06:33 PM

yeah I was gonna say....

i catch these all the time in my cast net.

Posted By: czoom

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/06/12 07:52 PM

LMAO funniest thing I seen all day!!!

KILL THAT BARBIE!!! BURN IT LOL. Die Ken Die!!!

Posted By: karaider00

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/07/12 03:10 AM

Hahahaha

Posted By: the big white dually

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/07/12 02:32 PM

pretty sneaky how you took pic's by a doll. you ought be ashamed of yourself

Posted By: aeb

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 04/07/12 03:30 PM

Looks like what I have been catching out of my frac water pond.

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 08/14/12 04:42 AM

TTT

Posted By: Chase Guest

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 08/30/12 04:54 PM

Lol
Posted By: topdawg2700

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 09/04/12 06:08 PM

Good stuff there.
Posted By: pondskipper

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 09/07/12 12:22 AM

haha

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 12/18/14 02:05 AM

I landed some big ones.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 12/27/14 06:21 AM

hahahah now this is hilarious

Re: Hooked these below the petro chemical plant. What are they? - 07/24/17 06:09 PM

Giants
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum