Texas Fishing Forum

Alligator snapper

Posted By: bigcast88

Alligator snapper - 05/10/22 02:14 PM

Hooked into this angry fella Saturday he wanted my fingers in a bad way [Linked Image]
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/10/22 02:52 PM

I hope you reported it. They are an endangered species
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/10/22 03:47 PM

That turtle has a big smile!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/10/22 04:13 PM

Yes Sir it can do some damage to some fingers for sure! eeks
Posted By: thrashfish

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/10/22 06:27 PM

Saw one in Lake Nacogdoches a few weeks ago that was at least 3' across on the shell with about a 5 or 6" diameter head.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/10/22 07:42 PM

coolphotos, thanks for sharing.... thumb
Posted By: bigcast88

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/11/22 10:28 PM

I release them safe and sound back to there swampy home I've caught three at this same spot so far this being the smallest of them they sure are heavy fellows it's a workout lifting the net with 100 pounds of snapping turtle 8n it helpsign
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/12/22 04:01 AM

That why I don’t noodle for catfish!
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Alligator snapper - 05/12/22 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar

1+
Posted By: 1 link stringer

Re: Alligator snapper - 07/16/22 05:43 PM

This fella was driving on a Louisiana back country road, LOST ! He stopped in front of a house because he was lost, there was a young teenager there.. The fella asked him for directions. While asking for directions, the fella was hearing a ruckus from in the house. He ask, what is all that noise from inside his house? the teen replied ( MAMA IS FIXING DINNER BUT THE TURTLE IS TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE OVEN )
Posted By: Breath-Taker Whitetails

Re: Alligator snapper - 08/01/22 03:04 AM

Would hate to find him while noodling
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Alligator snapper - 08/03/22 11:09 AM

That's an awesome picture. There's one living in the back of Birch Creek at Fork that could swallow that turtle whole. Father in law and I saw it about 15 years ago. If I tried to explain to ya'll how big this thing was, you'd tell me I was drunk or high or both. Those snapping turtles are pretty amazing animals and can live to be 200-300 years old.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Alligator snapper - 08/03/22 11:36 AM

I caught one on a jug line many years ago that I was able to get the weight pretty close to 135 pounds. Another was caught out of the same private lake that went over 160 pounds. That one ended up in the Tyler zoo.
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Alligator snapper - 08/03/22 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
That's an awesome picture. There's one living in the back of Birch Creek at Fork that could swallow that turtle whole. Father in law and I saw it about 15 years ago. If I tried to explain to ya'll how big this thing was, you'd tell me I was drunk or high or both. Those snapping turtles are pretty amazing animals and can live to be 200-300 years old.

I saw that one a few years ago as well. I remember telling my fishing buddy that someone had dumped a table in the water and he said it a turtle. He was right!
Posted By: lonman

Re: Alligator snapper - 09/04/22 01:21 PM

Holy [censored]!
Posted By: Walls

Re: Alligator snapper - 09/12/22 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire

No I wouldn't as my brother and I saw it within a couple years of that. "Tom, what the hell is that?" after it surfaced about ten yards behind the boat. "I hope it's the biggest turtle I've ever seen, but we're not sticking around to find out." Vroom, Vroom
Posted By: luckyp

Re: Alligator snapper - 09/13/22 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tommar

x2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum