Anyone earn one of these? - 09/12/21 02:49 AM

[Linked Image]
Found my dad’s Eagle Scout badge yesterday, about 80 yrs old
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/12/21 03:41 AM

Never earned one but I respect those who have. Great find! "Priceless"! thumb
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/12/21 10:42 AM

Very cool. Our oldest nephew earned his Eagle Scout badge just a month ago.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/13/21 05:33 PM

an uncle in kalifornicate that had 2 sashes of merit badges, paid his way thru theological school by driving a big wrecker, big meaning he worked the semi wrecks.
extremely smart, rode with him for a couple of months in 76 in oregon hauling berries, you can eat too many raspberries and or blackberries I found out.

I made second class then our patrol were all kicked out of scouts.

seems they frown on urinating in the scoutmasters canteen even if he is a total ahole and practiced borderline abuse. no one would tell who did it so he tossed all 6 of us, we had had problems with him prior, had 2 black kids in our patrol.

mid 60s
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/16/21 01:56 PM

Great find. coolio

Side Note: Wish there were more of em. woot
Posted By: guitarbob

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/16/21 02:42 PM

I made Eagle rank in the late 60's. I got to attend the 1969 National Jamboree in Farragut State Park, Idaho. Lots of great memories.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/16/21 04:28 PM

I barely made Tenderfoot. Scoutmaster was an idiot.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/16/21 04:56 PM

Made it to “Life” but didnt get to Eagle. Was installed in “Order of the Arrow” and the “Ordeal” prepared me for USAF Survival School several years down the road! whew
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/17/21 01:48 PM

Earned mine on 4/15/82.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/22/21 11:57 AM

I earned mine in 1987 and have one silver palm leaf as well. I still have my metal in the case with the card that it came in and at that time the late Ross Perot paid for all of the awards in at least our council.

I had some great times and was able to go to Philmont twice and we had some great leaders as well. I wish I could support the organization now but I can’t.
Posted By: POPPA

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/27/21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
an uncle in kalifornicate that had 2 sashes of merit badges, paid his way thru theological school by driving a big wrecker, big meaning he worked the semi wrecks.
extremely smart, rode with him for a couple of months in 76 in oregon hauling berries, you can eat too many raspberries and or blackberries I found out.

I made second class then our patrol were all kicked out of scouts.

seems they frown on urinating in the scoutmasters canteen even if he is a total ahole and practiced borderline abuse. no one would tell who did it so he tossed all 6 of us, we had had problems with him prior, had 2 black kids in our patrol.

mid 60s

so that song about the sarges face turning green is based on fact!
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 09/27/21 02:55 PM

Earned mine in 85
Posted By: Fish2Chill 1

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 10/26/21 03:06 AM

Yep. A long time ago.
Our troop went camping once a month, that is what kept me going. We had many excellent leaders, many of which were military old timers with loads of patience.
Posted By: Alan

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 11/11/21 09:07 PM

Made life scout in 1964. I had the best Scout Master of all time. In my opinion. We went on 5 day canoe trips. He made his own sugar cured bacon. Campfire breakfast was great. One of our favorite times were when we went on survivalist camping. He knew all the edible plants and berries. We built lean-to shelters. He stressed first aid and safety. Gave us a sense of confidence that no matter what came our way we could make it. We did things that other troops didn't. Boy scouts made me a better person. Congratulations to anyone that makes eagle scout. It is very hard to make it.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 11/12/21 02:01 PM

A declaration of being a solid person in the days and years ahead. Of all the eagle scouts in my social circle , none turned their head in helping his fellow man .
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Anyone earn one of these? - 11/12/21 03:49 PM

Made it to first class and then got the fishing bug and discovered girls so that was enough Boy Scouts.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum