Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake

Posted By: RedSled13

Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 12:59 PM

[img]http://[/img] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Called police they came out did nothing, As they were dropping railroad ties in the water I ask them what about the boats they say they don't care I said I would report them to the game warden and police they Said go ahead They will do nothing And The [censored] were right they did nothing I cannot believe it
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 01:06 PM

RR commission is only authority over them I think
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 01:47 PM

Man what a travesty , you talk about running your electronics but fiberglass repairs are super expensive. Liberal bunch of knot heads !!
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 01:59 PM

Not good. Dangerous for anyone cruising down the lake.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 02:42 PM

thats messed up
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 02:56 PM

Idiot sub-contractors. bang

I'm sure TPWD would be interested in looking into it.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 03:28 PM

That's just plain ridiculous! There is great evidence right here, I could understand some debri but that's a whole tie.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 03:47 PM

I ask them what do you think is gonna happen when the boat comes by doing 60 and hits one of these railroad ties his answer I don't care Needless to say our conversation did not go well
Posted By: Slade

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 04:00 PM

seems like pollution also, would they just throw these on the side of the road somewhere and leave them?
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 05:06 PM

hung That is F$@#!@&k up. Hope they end up losing job & do some time!!! I dont even like it when i see dang plastic bottles in a lake! Hope you can give a update.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 05:42 PM

What did you want them to do? Which department did you call?
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fishingking
What did you want them to do? Which department did you call?

Dallas owns lake but other cities own land around it. Rockwall, Rowlett, or Garland won't respond and doubt Dallas will. Hopefully with all the rain they will quickly end up in the river below dam.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

That and your local State Representative. eeks
Posted By: MDM

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 06:09 PM

Nothing like that should be dumped into a lake for multiple reasons including safety and pollution. And if they're doing it at Hubbard it's probably happening at other lake RR crossings also.

First, identify the railroad company that OWNS the tracks. Ask them to address the situation or you will report their actions (and any contractor they hired) to the Texas agency supposed to monitor/enforce environmental quality (think it's TEQC or something like that). Think most old crossties were creosote treated, not sure about the new ones today they are replacing the discarded ones with. If you old ones are now defined as a contamination risk to water quality the EPA might be an option. Again, not just for this instance but for the cumulative impacts of the railroad track owner's environmental actions across a wide region.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 06:53 PM

rr ties are toxic hard to get rid of, full of oil tar etc.

That should fall under pollution of water
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 07:03 PM

Pick em up and go put em back on top of the tracks.
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 07:05 PM

realmad
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by MDM
Nothing like that should be dumped into a lake for multiple reasons including safety and pollution. And if they're doing it at Hubbard it's probably happening at other lake RR crossings also.

First, identify the railroad company that OWNS the tracks. Ask them to address the situation or you will report their actions (and any contractor they hired) to the Texas agency supposed to monitor/enforce environmental quality (think it's TEQC or something like that). Think most old crossties were creosote treated, not sure about the new ones today they are replacing the discarded ones with. If you old ones are now defined as a contamination risk to water quality the EPA might be an option. Again, not just for this instance but for the cumulative impacts of the railroad track owner's environmental actions across a wide region.

Another option would be contacting the Texas Tribune with your pictures.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 07:55 PM

I'd take it to the local news

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 10:04 PM

Put ropes on the ties so they wouldn't fall in the water .
Have. A small john boat there to pick up 3 days worth of debris
Rather than the police and I haul off all that debris
Police talk to them was going to write a ticket for littering decided not to reason unknown
They absolutely should be punishment for putting lives and boats at risk

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 10:06 PM

Put ropes on the ties so they wouldn't fall in the water .
Have. A small john boat there to pick up 3 days worth of debris
Rather than the police and I haul off all that debris
Police talk to them was going to write a ticket for littering decided not to reason unknown
They absolutely should be punishment for putting lives and boats at risk

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 10:07 PM

Yes they were treated
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 10:07 PM

What railroad line was it Redsled? That should be reported to them. Pictures and potential lawsuits usually will get a call to action.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 12/31/20 10:25 PM

RailRoad Commission is not the correct authority (They regulate Oil and Gas). Report it to the US DoT - Federal RailRoad Administration.

https://railroads.dot.gov/

The tracks along IH-30 belong to the Dallas, Garland, and Northeastern (DGNO).

They are owned by a conglomerate of shortline railroads named Genesee & Wyoming Inc.

Posted By: Littledog

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/01/21 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by T Bird

TPWD hunh? To funny. roflmao

Same folks you would call if someone was killing all the weeds?

I realize most folks on the forum hold TPWD in the same regard as their little sister or mother.
Yes, TPWD SHOULD be your advocate on these kinds of issues.
Obviously their usage agreement with Ray Hubbard "owners and other interests" is poor or non-existent.
Please do contact the various folks others have listed to stop this bad behavior . . . and then call TPWD and ask them why the %$#@ they didn't take care of it.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/01/21 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
RR commission is only authority over them I think

The TRRC has zero authority over railroads or railroad activity in Texas.
The TQWC and the EPA are about the ones to to call.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/01/21 04:20 PM

Creosote not a good thing for our lakes........
Posted By: HWV5

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/01/21 06:27 PM

Try TCEQ
Posted By: donothin

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/02/21 01:34 PM

It should be reported to the Regional Office of TCEQ.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/04/21 02:19 AM

realmad
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/05/21 01:06 PM

Unreal
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/05/21 03:58 PM

wow, that's pretty bad.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/05/21 05:05 PM

How many did they dump in the lake? Obviously 1 is too many but in the pictures it looks like they only dumped one...
Posted By: MikeCSr

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/05/21 08:48 PM

I work at Fort Hood in the Environmental Division. Use the URL below to contact TCEQ for anything that you see going on that just doesn't look right. And no.. it is not OK for those ties to be in the lake.. not for boats, fish and other wildlife nor anything. I certainly hope it was an accident.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/compliance/complaints/index.html

Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/14/21 05:01 PM

wow any chance you know the name on the truck or if there was a name on the truck or license number?
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/20/21 03:07 PM

hung Sooo any updates on this???? Hope they get more than a tongue lassin, Real sad
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/22/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S
thats messed up
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 01/22/21 07:16 PM

Awful frown
Turn the table and you start chunking stuff into the lake, next thing you know your arrested and the local media is making it out like you are a terrorist attacking the local water supply.
Posted By: Jeffs_Fork

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/01/21 10:48 PM

The more attention this gets the more results you get. Use all the social media platforms to put these pics up and send them to local media. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Posted By: d75bender

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/02/21 03:27 AM

So any updates? Whatever happened with this? You got a treble hook on that crankbait right? Well looks like you can use some casting/hook setting practice.
Posted By: Dale Gribble

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/02/21 06:09 PM

Lol. Look around the Hubbard shoreline. Filthiest lake around.
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/03/21 07:08 PM

bet they got in trouble......................................not
Posted By: BMART

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/04/21 03:41 PM

Damn deplorables, they don't give a F about environment
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/04/21 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BMART
Damn deplorables, they don't give a F about environment

Exactly what correlation can you provide that "deplorables" don't give an F about the environment? Please elaborate.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/05/21 02:12 PM

anybody who dumps stuff on to the environment that's bad for the environment is an F'in deplorable, simple as that.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/05/21 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BMART
anybody who dumps stuff on to the environment that's bad for the environment is an F'in deplorable, simple as that.

You use the term "deplorable" as a noun. In modern time (as in now and since Hildabeast said it) that noun refers to conservatives who support Trump. The word "deplorable" was always an adjective before Hildabeast turned it into a noun with her comment. It did not have any dictionary definition as a noun. I do agree that it is deplorable (adjective) that anyone abuse the environment. I don't agree that "Deplorables" (by coined definition as a noun to be conservatives who support Trump) would be predisposed to polluting the environment in such a way.

So, are you not paying attention to the difference in the word as an adjective and a noun? I ask since you're using it as a noun in your statement. And, do you mean "that's just like a group of Trump supporters" (because that IS what you're saying by using it as a noun - whether you realize it or not.)
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/05/21 03:42 PM

The chemicals in that wood is a deadly poision .There needs to be a law suit over this [censored]
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/05/21 03:43 PM

You can't hurt lake sh*t pit. It's a sewer
Posted By: NTxTG_Mike

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/12/21 03:37 AM

realmad

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/18/21 11:17 PM

The term was not used in a political reference, but there are plenty of those references abound. I see it all the time. Hope those idiots that decided to damage the environment suffer extreme consequences and any idiot that treats the environment in a deplorable manner pays the price
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/19/21 12:23 AM

start calling tv stations and someone will come look at it, may do a story, may not.

1 oz. rattle trap would be worth losing in one of their idiot butts, literally.
Posted By: DarrellSimpson

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/19/21 06:13 PM

This is from someone else I shared this story with and his response . I cut and pasted it .

I talked to a friend who works on the rails and he said to contact the federal railroad admin. He said they are also violating safety code by not wearing harnesses or having a safety boat below. Said to find out what rail line it is and also report it to them. If there's pics of the company name on the side of the truck, it should be reported to them too. Just the safety issues are 10k plus fines I'm told.
Whoever has the original pics with Metadata still attached should contact them all and get these guys fired.
https://railroads.dot.gov/

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/20/21 06:11 PM

Amen
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/24/21 11:29 PM

I bet the news stations would have a field day with this.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard railroad workers throwing railroad ties in the lake - 02/25/21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by CHAMPION FISH
I bet the news stations would have a field day with this.

Probably the only way to get any action from this debacle !! Govt at its finest !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum