Texas Fishing Forum

Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/23/20 11:37 PM

Well for those of you that know me, I occasionally come up with some strange inventions. After some prompting, I created a fully functioning world record regulation rod and reel out of over 1500 pipe cleaners. I have caught record fish with lots of different methods and I thought catching a record fish on a pipe cleaner rod would be something “different.”

Anyway, Ripley’s thought my idea was noteworthy and they put a story about my pipe cleaner rod and reel in their annual 2020 publication, “Ripley’s Believe It or Not - Mind Blown.” They did some research on me and found that I have over 300 fishing records. They contacted the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and were informed that I have caught more official state records than anyone in history (at the time it was 78 state records). The book comes out September 29, 2020.

So here it is. And yes I have caught fish with it. roflmao roflmao

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 02:28 AM

Congratulations Barry ! I must admit I have never seen a rod/reel made out of pipe cleaners. Totally Awesome! thumb
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 11:41 AM

Mighty fine
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 12:54 PM

wow, congrats
Posted By: cellis

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 01:15 PM

Haha!! That's great!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 02:28 PM

Awesome post and huge congratulations on your Ripley's story. woot

Side Note: I had read a story back in July in a fishing magazine saying Chuck (aka Banker Always Fishing) had over 400 Water body Records and counting. Between you two guys you have A LOT of records! nuts
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 03:13 PM

That is just too cool! Congratulations! You have a great imagination clap
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 05:46 PM

Totally awesome! cheers
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/24/20 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Awesome post and huge congratulations on your Ripley's story. woot

Side Note: I had read a story back in July in a fishing magazine saying Chuck (aka Banker Always Fishing) had over 400 Water body Records and counting. Between you two guys you have A LOT of records! nuts

Thanks Laker. Chuck is certainly the master of waterbody records. The beauty of the robust Texas fishing record system is that there are many record categories in Texas. Personally, I have concentrated on state and world records, but I document a waterbody record when I catch a state record. Chuck also has an all-tackle IGFA world record and state records. Fishing for records has brought a whole new aspect to fishing for me. I plan to set the Texas state record bar very high before I switch over to concentrating on Plnor and line class world records. roflmao
Posted By: fray

Re: Ripley’s Believe It or Not Pipe Cleaner Rod and Reel - 09/25/20 09:50 AM

cool
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum