Texas Fishing Forum

Snake on the Fly

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Snake on the Fly - 09/16/20 10:23 PM

You never know what you will pick up on a fly rod. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Posted By: DarrellSimpson

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/16/20 11:06 PM

Your a braver man than I am . Those water snakes are biting machines and the scent is overpowering . We have them all over where we live and had to learn to not let the bird netting we put over the fruit tree's touch the ground or you will have to untangle a snake every few days .
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/16/20 11:21 PM

Congrats on the PB. hammer

That is a nice looking fishin hole. Looks like it has great fly rod access. Nothing to tangle into during the cast.
Posted By: MAC67STANG

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 12:16 AM

I would have let him have the fly.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 02:28 AM

Nice catch on the fly! bolt

Side Note: I do not think there is a water body record for catching snakes on the fly! roflmao

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Side Note: I do not think there is a water body record for catching snakes on the fly! roflmao

No there is not a Texas record category for snakes, turtles, ducks, geese, pelicans, beavers, nutria, bats, frogs, rocks, trees, the back of my head, or my wife. I have caught them all on a fly and didn’t get any records. roflmao
Posted By: cellis

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing

No there is not a Texas record category for snakes, turtles, ducks, geese, pelicans, beavers, nutria, bats, frogs, rocks, trees, the back of my head, or my wife. I have caught them all on a fly and didn’t get any records. roflmao

grin grin grin
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MAC67STANG

+1
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JohnF67
Originally Posted by MAC67STANG

+1

X2.

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/17/20 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson
Your a braver man than I am . Those water snakes are biting machines and the scent is overpowering . We have them all over where we live and had to learn to not let the bird netting we put over the fruit tree's touch the ground or you will have to untangle a snake every few days .

Water snakes are biting machines, have bad attitudes, and stink. But they do pull drag when they take off.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/18/20 02:11 AM

Thats one species i would not want to catch bolt
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/18/20 01:22 PM

No thank you sir! bolt
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/18/20 02:23 PM

Dead snake is a good snake. just killed a rattle snake between 4-5 long 10 rattles. Introduced him to Mr. 12 gage.
Posted By: jaymzinsa

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/18/20 04:50 PM

Wow, nice catch. As Banker stated, there probably isn't a record for that species. I would love to see the expression on the faces of tpwd when they open that application.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/20/20 12:47 PM

Barry, it's not fun unless it's a moccasin. roflmao

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/21/20 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fish Chaser
Barry, it's not fun unless it's a moccasin. roflmao

Now that is one snake I do not like.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/22/20 12:16 PM

no
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/24/20 08:15 PM

I caught a 95lb Rottweiler on a Budweiser beer can lure. The dufus knocked some stuff over in the shed, and stepped on it. 300 dollars at the vet later, it was removed.

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/24/20 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by z289sec

I caught a 95lb Rottweiler on a Budweiser beer can lure. The dufus knocked some stuff over in the shed, and stepped on it. 300 dollars at the vet later, it was removed.

I bet that was an exciting ride to the vet. eeks
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Snake on the Fly - 09/25/20 01:35 AM

That is something, the weirdest catch I had was on the San Juan river I caught a Violet Green Swallow on a fly, I released it and it flew a million miles straight up and into orbit I think. The guy I was fishing with just shook his head in disbelief. It was strange but I think you win on weirdest thing caught on a fly.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Snake on the Fly - 10/18/20 08:16 PM

thumb
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Snake on the Fly - 10/21/20 10:14 PM

Braver man than me sir
Posted By: fray

Re: Snake on the Fly - 11/01/20 01:33 PM

cry
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Snake on the Fly - 11/04/20 08:50 PM

wow

Re: Snake on the Fly - 12/02/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by flee fly
Braver man than me sir

Brave and not so smart can be very close together. Working with non-venomous snakes is not that big of an issue. It gets a little more real when they have fangs. And if you don’t know the difference, treat them all like they have fangs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum