Texas Fishing Forum

Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa!

Posted By: Fishbrain

Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 02:15 AM

We took a trip to my parents' house this past weekend. The weather hasn't been kind to their ponds, so we made a visit to the hay farm of some friends. They have a beautiful spring-fed pond that rarely is fished. It is heavily stocked with bream and catfish. My 6 year-old daughter and 3 year-old son had an absolute blast catching big bream after big bream. Some were bluegills, some green sunfish, others appeared to be a cross between the two. The biggest was caught by my daughter, and it was around 12 inches long--she's already got a personal best bigger than Daddy's! laugh She also caught a 4.6 pound, 24 inch catfish, her biggest fish to date. I got a good mpeg on my camera of the cat almost dragging her into the lake. It was a beautiful, memorable day. Thank God for the gift of our children! smile

Her big one!

Same fish.

My son gets into the act.

Sorry, Pa-Pa, she has yours beat!

For reference: The biggest here was 10.5 inches, and the first one up top was quite a bit bigger. smile
Posted By: THE_COACH

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 02:19 AM

Hey,
You gotta get her some TPWD awards on this!

One would be a BIG FISH AWARD - the bream category says that it needs to be 10" or bigger

Also maybe this for that catfish

Outstanding Angler Award
A catch that does not qualify for any other type of award may still deserve recognition. The Outstanding Angler Award recognizes these special catches.

Contact

Joedy Gray–Inland Fisheries • (512) 389-8037 • anglers@tpwd.state.tx.us
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department • 4200 Smith School Road • Austin, Texas 78744

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 02:21 AM

Thanks, Coach--I'll do that! smile
Posted By: Stalked

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 02:23 AM

Good Fish
Posted By: The Fishing Physicist

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 02:33 AM

Ah!!!

The true joy of fishing!

Thanks for sharing those smiles. laugh

TFP
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 02:41 AM

That is awesome. I cannot wait for my daughter to go with me. thumb
Posted By: Crappie Kat

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 03:57 AM

Fun to watch kids fish. I usually dont even take a pole for me when i take my kids. Just sit back and watch them and untangle lines.
Posted By: badkarma

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 05:36 AM

Those are neat pics FB...

You've got some great kids there....congrats!

They are wonderful, aren't they?
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 11:13 AM

Dude thumb I Love it!! Looks like my family when we go out fishing. Great Job, do wha tCoach said, get them some awards. I was able to scan and e-mail them in. Nice awards to put on their walls.
Posted By: Roddy69r

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/12/06 01:40 PM

Thanks for sharing,Keep the kids hooked on fishing!
Posted By: Yellowcat

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/13/06 02:05 AM

nice fish.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/13/06 02:09 AM

FB, Great pics, great family! You are a good Dad, they will remember these times.

Watch out, they grow up real fast.

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/13/06 02:15 AM

You know, I'm not certain about the species of her big fish. I suspect it is a hybrid. If so, I did some checking, and it is probably a junior state record. Of course, it would have been nice if Daddy had measured/weighed it! hammer We'll be making a return trip to the ol' pond soon! laugh
Posted By: big fish 1

Re: Fun Fishing with Pa-Pa! - 10/13/06 01:23 PM

Thanks for sharing your memories with us. Nothing can beat taking the kids fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum