Texas Fishing Forum

Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - Running Branch Creek

Posted By: Blue Moon

Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - Running Branch Creek - 04/08/20 05:59 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The sky painted pretty at sunset last night just before moonrise... Above two shots captured April 7, 2020.

[Linked Image]
The above shot was taken the following day, April 8, 2020 at sunset. Most of my aerial sunset shots are captured close to actual sunset in partly cloudy conditions.

The unusually low smog in the DFW area from the shelter in place restrictions is creating clear conditions; making for some memorable sunsets. My favorite aerial sunset shots so far have all been captured in the northern latitudes above a chain of glacier lakes in very clean, clear, and cold air.

Godspeed ~

Blue Moon
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/08/20 09:54 PM

That’s a good one.
Thanks

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/08/20 09:55 PM

What kind of drone do you use?

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/09/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Papa Stan
What kind of drone do you use?

Thanks. Always appreciate your comments.

Regarding your question, I like to cobble together my own flying machines but often for quick backyard flights, I shoot with a DJI MAVIC 2 PRO. When it comes to recommending drones, it really depends on what you’d like to do with it. I usually suggest people start with a preowned DJI to both learn how to fly and also make sure that you really want to get into aerial filmmaking or photography.

Drones are like GoPro’s; way more get purchased than used, so it’s easy to find a deal on a good one. Once you learn how to fly and film with a DJI drone, the flight controllers are the same, or very similar, so it’s easy to upgrade between models.

If you purchase a new one, unless you have a lot of flight time, it’s a good idea to get the DJI Care Refresh insurance because many people end up crashing their first drone. Most of the DJI drones available in the last few years are good photography platforms so most likely you’d be happy with any deal you find. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions and I’ll do my best to respond.

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/09/20 10:56 PM

Thanks so much. I will check out what is available on ebay.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/10/20 02:49 AM

coolphotos Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/14/20 03:58 PM

Wow! beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing and keep sending.

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/20/20 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by speedcrawler
Wow! beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing and keep sending.

Thanks again! Huge shout-out to speedcrawler for the kind words. I thought I had a low post count! Thanks for taking the time. Here's an aerial from this afternoon after the storms.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: WCLBASS

Re: Blue Moon - Painted Heavens - Moonrise Creek - 04/20/20 09:01 AM

Wow just beautiful thanks for posting.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum