Texas Fishing Forum

Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/14/19 01:59 PM

I was working on my Plnor (Pole and Line NO Reel) fishing technique and I hooked into a 102 pound blacktip shark that ended up being the Other Methods Unrestricted Texas State Record. This was a real fight without a reel. Although I landed the shark, I ended up with three big bruises and was pinned to the gunnel a couple of times lol. Plnor fishing is really exciting, but I would recommend working your way up in line size before trying a big fish. You can search Plnor on YouTube if you want to learn more about fishing with a rod without a reel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/14/19 02:37 PM

"Holy Cow". Nicely done and congratulations on your record fish. woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/15/19 04:36 AM

Awesome fish and an AWESOME catch! Nicely done and CONGRATULATIONS on yet another STATE RECORD! cheers
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/15/19 02:50 PM

I'd have to work out in the gym for a year before attempting that. Nice catch! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/16/19 03:27 PM

Great post and a very solid fish. My muscles started to hurt just looking at that picture of you reeling that shark in. Good job Sir and Congratulations.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/17/19 12:01 AM

cheers
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/17/19 02:53 AM

thumb well done!
Posted By: ADDICTED 2 FISHING

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/18/19 05:58 PM

NICE!! thumb
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 12/18/19 06:43 PM

Awesome catch! I can't imagine the fight he'd have put up with no reel.
Posted By: srobby24

Re: Extreme Plnor Fishing - Blacktip Shark State Record without a Reel - 05/01/20 08:15 PM

cheers For the fight you had with that one
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum