Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie and couple non forum species.

Posted By: canyoncreek06

Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/01/17 04:16 AM

Made a last minute first trip down to the ranch in McMullen Co. on Saturday to get a friend on a management buck. Before getting in the blind I spotted a yote about 100yd down a seismic strip. Stopped the truck and had to get my rifle out of the case in the back seat. Just as I leaned across the hood of the truck the yote started to move so I "kissed" at it and it stopped somewhat obscured by a small bush with only it's neck and head exposed. I let the 6.5x55 bark and the young and dumb pup was down. I would rather hunt/call yotes than deer or pigs. Just something about fooling a wiley critter gets my blood going. Last season my count was 11 from October through January plus 6 more in February from a helo. I doubt I will get close to that number this year as I don't think I will make as many trips as I did last year. Returned home Sunday after lunch and the boat was in the street in front of the house. I quickly unloaded my hunting stuff and loaded up the fishing stuff. Went to the lake with the intention of just trying to find some new spots. After a few minutes of searching I was able to pitch a buoy out in 19FOW. Shut the outboard off and got on the trolling motor. Started fishing it at 3:15 and by 4:30 I had pulled 8 fish off the pile with a couple of decent fish in the box. Went looking for more spots and found two more but didn't fish them. Put the boat on the trailer at 5:30 and got things cleaned up and was home in time to watch my Astros win game 5 in a thriller. All in all, it was a productive weekend.

Dano's 142 5/8" management 8pt.

Dumb pup

Feech

>E
Posted By: RWCAT

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/01/17 01:04 PM

thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/01/17 01:19 PM

clap
Posted By: Freecobasser

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/02/17 12:22 AM

Nice!
Posted By: bowfin

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/02/17 12:53 AM

tri-fecta
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/02/17 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: bowfin
tri-fecta

I didn't do very good in the classroom. Two C's and a D. roflmao

>E
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/02/17 12:58 AM

looks like the makings for some chuckwagon stew, stir
Posted By: SK.

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/03/17 05:53 AM

Heck yeah that be a nice buck, wtg on layn the ole yote down & those are some EXCELLENT crappie....
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Crappie and couple non forum species. - 11/03/17 12:15 PM

Nice work thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum