Texas Fishing Forum

Front Graph

Posted By: Sandblaster

Front Graph - 10/31/17 12:50 AM

While fishing a brush pile up front on trolling motor does anyone use a trail? If so then why?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 04:13 AM

I would mark it with a buoy then use my troll motor to get closer.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 07:43 AM

Just a waypoint. Sometimes I throw a buoy for reference.
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 01:02 PM

Same just a waypoint
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 01:29 PM

no trail
Posted By: Mo

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 01:38 PM

Fishing brushpiles is why God invented the Xi5 tied to a compatible Lowrance.
get close , hit anchor , hit waypoint , scroll down to the desired waypoint and select it.

good luck

MO

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Sandblaster
While fishing a brush pile up front on trolling motor does anyone use a trail? If so then why?
In my humble opinion the use of trails are best applied when you want travel the same route on a lake you did once before without any deviation from course. example: a foggy morning on a lake with lots of stumps & prop busters. You`ve run this lake before but this morning the visablity is very low! Using trails can be an advantage. 2cents
Posted By: Ztech

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 04:54 PM

Also nice to use trails when water is low to plot future runs through a field of stumps of rocks. When Tawokoni and Richland Chambers were low, I used a couple of days to map passage through the standing timber. I did some of Ray Bob but didn't fish it enough that year.

Re: Front Graph - 10/31/17 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Ztech
Also nice to use trails when water is low to plot future runs through a field of stumps of rocks. When Tawokoni and Richland Chambers were low, I used a couple of days to map passage through the standing timber. I did some of Ray Bob but didn't fish it enough that year.
Excellent Usage Captn thumb
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Front Graph - 11/01/17 02:35 AM

Ditto on the Xi5 anchor. I also have front graph networked so I can watch location in relation to waypoint. I will sometimes change a waypoint several times on the console Helix to relate to where I am thumping them to get a more accurate location on a pile.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum