Texas Fishing Forum

SI & DI Screen Shots

Posted By: Lollygagger

SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/09/17 02:19 AM

Do y'all take many screen shots of your DI or SI images? Do y'all keep all of the images on your unit or do you delete them from your unit once you copy the images to an SD card? I'm just wondering what others do regarding this. I haven't deleted any (at least any quality shots) from my unit even though I've copied them and put them on my computer.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/09/17 03:04 AM

I save them to an SD card and not the unit...
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/10/17 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

I save them to an SD card and not the unit...
David I sent you an Email
Posted By: Lollygagger

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/12/17 12:06 AM

That's what I figured (saving them to an SD card and not the unit) but was curious if that was what most people do. I've copied mine so now I'll just delete them from the unit.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/12/17 02:32 AM

I normally save them to the unit then transfer them to SD card when I get home. Then delete them off the unit
Posted By: dfd51

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/15/17 02:59 PM

Sent you a PM
Posted By: Keith Speer

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/15/17 09:39 PM

All good images are on my computer.........
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/15/17 10:42 PM

I save them to SD card as well and delete them every so often and just save the few I want to my computer for future youtube projects or references
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/15/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: RespectTheFish
I save them to SD card as well and delete them every so often and just save the few I want to my computer for future youtube projects or references

With your Helix (same as the number series units), snapshots are never written to the unit's memory. Always written directly to a memory card and put in the Snapshot folder (recordings also).
No memory card in the unit=no saved snapshots.
The ONIX and SOLIX are the only Humminbird units that you can write snapshots to either the unit's memory or to a memory card.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/17/17 03:17 AM

I have a ton of images saved to my onix hard drive. I wonder how many it will hold?? Guess I'll find out eventually, lol..
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/17/17 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: skeeter james
I have a ton of images saved to my onix hard drive. I wonder how many it will hold?? Guess I'll find out eventually, lol..

If you save them to an sd card and remove them from your onix it will operate smoother and update faster.
Posted By: jbaker33

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/17/17 12:46 PM

Looking into purchasing the humminbird line... was thinking helix but reading some of what yall said make me think go with the newer stuff. Are the ijmages that much better on the solix or onyx compared to the helix. (Asking since yall habe snapshots experience
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/17/17 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jbaker33
Looking into purchasing the humminbird line... was thinking helix but reading some of what yall said make me think go with the newer stuff. Are the ijmages that much better on the solix or onyx compared to the helix. (Asking since yall habe snapshots experience

The SOLIX is the current version of the ONIX. The Helix is the current version of what the number series was. SOLIX and Helix are "newer stuff".

The SOLIX/ONIX has a positive and negative circuit for all sensors and the Helix/number series share a common negative. Just in sensor connections alone, the SOLIX/ONIX produces clearer images.
Posted By: UJC

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/18/17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish
Originally Posted By: skeeter james

If you save them to an sd card and remove them from your onix it will operate smoother and update faster.

Good advice David. Follow this advice for any brand unit.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/18/17 11:49 PM

Hope this is not too off topic. When fishing in less than 12 fow do you think your fish finder should be turned off or not. Does the sound impact the fish?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/19/17 12:07 AM

Don't forget the record function and use HumViewer to play it back on your home PC.

Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: SI & DI Screen Shots - 10/19/17 12:55 PM

keep in mind a graph is still just a computer the more memory you use the slower the whole unit gets. I always delete what is not needed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum