Texas Fishing Forum

First Post "Harvey" trip

Posted By: canyoncreek06

First Post "Harvey" trip - 09/27/17 03:27 AM

I was finally make it out to Coleto on Sunday for my first trip post "Harvey". Lake was about 3.5 ft higher than the last time I was out there. Clarity was decent but the water was the hue of "Louisiana Blackwater". My fist stop was at a brush pile I had had some previous success at during August. Caught one 8" fish off of it and moved on to another spot I had been catching fish on, Nada. Two more stops and still not a keeper in the box. With the high water I decided to hit some timber that was too shallow in August. The move paid off as I put 9 in the box. After the bite slowed I moved to another spot with no success. Finally decided to go to the bridge and hit some pilings. Caught tons of 8-10" fish and managed 4 more keepers. Preferred bait was BPS Jake in either pearl or blk/chart and the bite was definitely aggressive when they did hit. Didn't see nearly the debris that I thought I would and the water temp had dropped about 5deg. to the mid 80's. I think it's going to be a great fall.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First Post "Harvey" trip - 09/27/17 03:42 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Mr. Catchum

Re: First Post "Harvey" trip - 09/27/17 04:04 AM

Congratulations! Those will eat! cheers
Posted By: HOGON

Re: First Post "Harvey" trip - 09/27/17 11:11 AM

thumb
Posted By: red snappa

Re: First Post "Harvey" trip - 09/27/17 03:41 PM

Nice catch! thumb thumb