Texas Fishing Forum

THUMP! therapy coming and going!

Posted By: red snappa

THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/02/17 04:08 PM

With work being very hectic and the stress level rising, I decided to take advantage of business meetings in Shreveport last week. I took a personal day (25th) and headed to East Texas right after work on the 24th for some much needed THUMP! therapy. Made it safely to Todd and Belinda's for another restless night, tossing and turning, dreaming of the fish soon to be caught! Friday morning we head out on Fork and pick up Joe Vanucci, who joined us for the day. The day started off great as I catch the first 3 fish! I knew that I would need a big lead against these two, and it just turned out to be my day! We finished the day with Todd playing catch up and Joe just plain struck out. We ended the day with 36 really nice Fork crappie!

Saturday, my lifelong friend Jon Byrnes joined us, and we hit a local county lake that is a favorite of ours. We put the hammer down on a 3 man limit (without much help from Jon!). It was a great day and Jon got to restock on some much needed fish and therapy himself!

After meetings Monday through Tursday, headed back to Todd's to prepare for another Friday of catching. We decided to hit another county lake (Todd's old stomping grounds)that we love to fish. The day started out great, pulled up on a pile and I hammered a nice keeper. That would be the story most of the day! I would instantly get 1 or 2 fish as soon as we pulled up on a new pile and then Todd would catch the rest! The numbers were not even close! After we got number fifty in the boat, I hit a really good streak and caught about 15 of the last 25 or so we threw back! It was still a blessed day with good company!

All fish were caught on Thermocline Lures Tadpoles, mini Tadpoles and Lil Fry, in Ice Shad, Lime Glowtreuse and Black Emerald Shiner. All jig heads used were Mad Crappie Jigs in Tinkerbell, Green Chartreuse and Yellow with red eye, and Pink with chartreuse eye. THANKS to Todd and Belinda for the hospitality and great baits! It was a good few days Tater!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/02/17 05:11 PM

Heck yeah!! I know you needed that!!! thumb

Your company sounds questionable though!! roflmao
Posted By: SK.

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/02/17 05:16 PM

Looks like some good catchn....
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/02/17 07:46 PM

Nice haul. Thump therapy is a very good thing. hooked
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/03/17 11:28 AM

Always enjoy your company RS!
It's was awesome to hit Cypress Springs again and seed out a few. Some of the brush piles I had marked were missing altogether, some had definitely moved, found some new brush and hammered a couple of Ol' Faithfuls

Rested up, weather is nice, think I'll hit the water for a bit today bolt fish hooked woot
Posted By: crope1

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/03/17 04:27 PM

Mr. Snappa,you haven't lost your touch at all! Happy to hear you got some Thump'n in.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/03/17 07:00 PM

Nice haul guys Iam need'n therapy. w t g.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/04/17 11:48 AM

clap thumb
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/05/17 08:20 AM

Great to see you take a little time off and catch a few.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: THUMP! therapy coming and going! - 09/05/17 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Heck yeah!! I know you needed that!!! thumb

Your company sounds questionable though!! roflmao

I know, right?! Sometimes you just gotta throw caution to the wind to get a THUMP! roflmao roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum