Texas Fishing Forum

Fall Crappie Lavon

Posted By: poolsj

Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/29/17 02:39 PM

With cooler temperatures coming what can we expect crappie to do? Will they move to shallower cover? Any tips for Lake Lavon? New to the area and just got a bass boat with Hook 7 Fish finder. I haven't had any luck finding brush piles in deeper water on Lavon. I've been trying to find some spots for crappie or even sandbass to take kids to fish.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/29/17 02:58 PM

welcome to the Forum poolsj! In regards to your questions about Lake Lavon,BP`s,spots for Crappie & Sandbass to take kids? Two words....Carey Thorn! He is the Lavon GURU banking or boating.LOOK HIM UP capt. thumb
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/29/17 05:32 PM

Fish are still holding on timber, submerged timber and brush piles in 12-20' water. Early you can catch a few in flooded willows in 5-8' water. They will make their move to points and ledges sometime in mid October . 15-18' right on the bottom when that happens. They will move deeper as water cools. November is prime month. Depending on the weather that bite will hold up until water gets around 50 degrees. If iit gets any colder they will scatter and it's time to find another lake.
Posted By: poolsj

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/29/17 06:24 PM

Thank you for the tips. We will consider using you in he near future. I'm sure it would be a great learning opportunity for a lake that is close to my home.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/29/17 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: poolsj
Thank you for the tips. We will consider using you in he near future. I'm sure it would be a great learning opportunity for a lake that is close to my home.
Now you know of Two Guides on Lake Lavon. thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/30/17 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: poolsj
With cooler temperatures coming what can we expect crappie to do? Will they move to shallower cover? Any tips for Lake Lavon? New to the area and just got a bass boat with Hook 7 Fish finder. I haven't had any luck finding brush piles in deeper water on Lavon. I've been trying to find some spots for crappie or even sandbass to take kids to fish.
welcome to the forum! I've fished with both,you can't go wrong with either guide. I am going back to do some more timber fishing with Jerry.
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/30/17 01:48 PM

I have fished with Jerry and he is a blast. He knows his stuff and can really teach you a lot while getting you to put fish in the box.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/31/17 12:02 AM

Carey is down in Houston right now with his boat assisting in rescue and evacuation efforts, but I GUARANTEE you he will be back in time for the Fall crappie season on Lavon. Either Jerry or Carey would be excellent choices. They are two of the best anywhere.
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/31/17 12:26 AM

I have been fishing with Jerry too several times, never had a bad trip. Would highly recommended Jerry.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fall Crappie Lavon - 08/31/17 01:48 AM

welcome To the Texas Fishing Forum! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum