Texas Fishing Forum

Fork and Lavon past few days

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/23/17 01:35 PM

ran trips Sunday and Monday on Fork. Sunday we had a two man limit in 3 hours fishing between 2:30pm and 5:30 pm. white/chart jigs in 15-22' water. Standing timber and lay downs were the targets. Most bites were very subtle until we would find some suspended fish up high on some cover and they would hammer it.
Tuesday we had enough bites to have a two man limit but ended up keeping 40. Same pattern as day before just less active fish and it took my customers awhile to figure out that light bite.
Both days we found they wanted the jig moving. Slowly raising and letting it fall produced most of the bites.
Yesterday was back on Lavon. Lake is about 1.75# high and they are releasing water. Started in shallow willows but after only a couple small fish we abandoned that and moved out to submerged timber in 15-20' water and found some nice fish. Early they were suspended 12-14' deep but as the sun got up they went deeper. Dropping the jig to the bottom and just picking it up slowly a foot and dropping back to bottom triggered the bite. We kept 40 keepers and tossed back another 30-40 dinks.
White/chart and orange/chart jigs. Location and presentation were more important than bait color.
Enjoying my day off before I'm back on Fork for the next 5 days.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/23/17 03:01 PM

Lake Fork is closed for repairs like Palestine! Sorry buddy! Your gonna hafta stay on Lavon and beat up those city fish!!! roflmao
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/23/17 04:21 PM

Great Report as always Jerry. thumb
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/24/17 02:13 PM

Sounds like your clients picked up on that light bite better than the guy fishing with me or you could coach em a lot better than me. When he did catch a fish he wouldn't reel in enough line and he would try to swing em in and they would slap against the side of the boat two or three times before he got em over the side.
Good luck the next five days.
Posted By: zig-zag

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/24/17 04:10 PM

wopics
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/24/17 09:21 PM

See ya out there....I'll be dragging Ol' Red around roflmao
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/25/17 08:42 PM

Thanks for the detailed report!!

Appreciate it.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/25/17 09:04 PM

Good report, same type bite as Lewisville.

Thanks for the baits you sent me.

Ernest
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/25/17 11:50 PM

Nice report Jerry. Save me some on fork cheers
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Fork and Lavon past few days - 08/29/17 05:40 PM

Click on my Facebook page and you can see all the pictures you want to see.. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum