Texas Fishing Forum

REEL REPAIR

Posted By: Lazy Ike

REEL REPAIR - 08/22/17 02:20 PM

Any of you slab slayers ever used Baylor Guy for reel service? Ican"t seem to reach him, via pm, calls, etc nada, zip??? wanna wet a jig, got rods, boat, jigs, no REELS.
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: REEL REPAIR - 08/22/17 03:40 PM

LOL, none of my crappie reels are worth fixing.

I have been using $14.00 reels off Ebay, thinking that if they break, I will save the spool and scrap the reel. Been using them for almost 3 years and they are still running strong. thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: REEL REPAIR - 08/22/17 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: REDGUN
LOL, none of my crappie reels are worth fixing.

I have been using $14.00 reels off Ebay, thinking that if they break, I will save the spool and scrap the reel. Been using them for almost 3 years and they are still running strong. thumb

Yessir...awesome quality reels before these big name companies slap their name on em thumb thumb
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: REEL REPAIR - 08/22/17 07:22 PM

Ditto! I don't fish with any that it would make sense to repair! My good reels are $20-$30! Heck they charge $20 to clean and oil a reel!! I just swish it around in the lake if it gets grindy! roflmao
Posted By: crope1

Re: REEL REPAIR - 08/23/17 05:18 AM

LOL!
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Ditto! I don't fish with any that it would make sense to repair! My good reels are $20-$30! Heck they charge $20 to clean and oil a reel!! I just swish it around in the lake if it gets grindy! roflmao
Posted By: crope1

Re: REEL REPAIR - 08/23/17 06:30 AM

I can see it now....Roberts Reel Service,hmmmmmm....I can take them apart,put them back together but have parts left over. Thing is,the reel still works....go figure roflmao
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: REEL REPAIR - 08/23/17 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
I just swish it around in the lake if it gets grindy! roflmao

Man, this brings back old memories.

A Zebco 33 would cast twice as far, after a good soaking. wink
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum