Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz.

Posted By: Timg972

Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 02:20 AM

I'm new to the Tyler/Lindale area and I was hoping I could get some suggestions on where to launch at Lake Palestine. I've never fished it, and I don't know what ramps are good/safe. Thanks for the help!

Tim
Posted By: brush pile 1023

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 02:55 AM

Welcome to the area. There are many good ramps. If you want to stay north of the 155 bridge the most popular launch would be at the villages marina. South of the 155 bridge the most popular would be lake Palestine resort. Both of them are easy to locate online.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 03:02 AM

Yes what brush pile said. Good luck and be safe
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 08:32 PM

I agree that the Villages is a great place to put in, but...
If you want a quick and easy free ramp, check out the ramp at the North end of Saline Bay. It's just off 155 on County Road 189 W. Go south on 155, then take a Left on 189. It's on your right about 1/4 mile down that road. Check it out on Google Maps satellite view.
There are lots of great crappie spots in Saline Bay too, so you don't even have to get out on the main lake.
Posted By: lazycat

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 09:23 PM

I have not used the CR 189 ramp in a year or so but it used to have reports of vandalized vehicles. Anyone have a more updated report on the safety at that ramp?

I would recommend the Villages or the Lake Palestine RV park. They are supervised and safe.
Posted By: lmbr

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 10:17 PM

If you're on the west side of the lake, Flat Creek Marina has been really modernized and is a good place. The public ramp at the bridge is subject to vandalism. Wouldn't go there although many people do. I just prefer a safe place with modern restrooms and such.

hooked
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/13/17 11:38 PM

Lots of places to launch but be careful running the lake. Lake Palestine is not a clear lake. The middle of the lake is full of stumps just under the water especially above the 155 bridge. It is normally particularly dangerous if you don't know it this time of year when the lake is a little to a lot low although it is actually full right now.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/14/17 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SLABXPRESS
I agree that the Villages is a great place to put in, but...
If you want a quick and easy free ramp, check out the ramp at the North end of Saline Bay. It's just off 155 on County Road 189 W. Go south on 155, then take a Left on 189. It's on your right about 1/4 mile down that road. Check it out on Google Maps satellite view.
There are lots of great crappie spots in Saline Bay too, so you don't even have to get out on the main lake.

I would not use this ramp , I have heard too many cases of vandalism and thievery.

The only free ramp I would feel safe to leave a vehicle is at the west end of the
dam ( old site of Deep End Marina) .

good luck
Mo
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Palestine Fishing Ramps? Suggestions needed plz. - 08/14/17 02:33 PM

Like said above the dam is the only public launch I would use on the lake. Clay uses the one in Saline and Chimney all the time and has never had a problem but I wouldn't. Plus I need a place with a cleaning station to clean them coolers full of slabs. Last thing I wanna do when I get home is clean fish!!! bannana2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum