Texas Fishing Forum

One More Time

Posted By: Yamonne

One More Time - 08/04/17 04:19 AM

Sadly as the summer is coming to a close, it means that I am getting closer to going back to school in Arkansas for the fall semester. My buddies and I have been fishing Ray Hubbard all summer and we finally got it down to a point. However for our last weekend here, we want to change it up a bit and fish somewhere different. So with that said, what lake do y'all recommend we fish within 2 hours of DFW? How do we fish it, etc? We want to end the summer with a big fish fry to celebrate all that we have accomplished this summer. I would also like to thank this section of the forum. I just started crappie fishing this summer and I am officially addicted to the thump. Everyone here is so helpful and I really appreciate it. Now I just have to find where the crappie are at beaver lake up in Fayetteville! cheers
Posted By: crope1

Re: One More Time - 08/04/17 04:53 AM

JP22,by no means am I an expert but man o man! You have your choice of some of the best lakes all around! Lake Fork is on fire right now,tawakoni,Palestine is one of my favorites, Cedar Creek just to name a few. If you read some of the most recent posts that might help out. Good luck with the fish fry and the fall semester.
Posted By: r63pappy

Re: One More Time - 08/04/17 05:56 PM

Aquilla,pic of 2 car coming.Crope1.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: One More Time - 08/04/17 06:03 PM

Cedar Creek, Tawakoni, and Lake Fork are all close and will not disappoint! Look for postings, follow the information given and you should have a fantastic fry!

Re: One More Time - 08/04/17 10:16 PM

Thank you! I think we are making the drive to fork tomorrow morning. If anyone has any tips that'd be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: One More Time - 08/05/17 03:23 AM

Timber 15-25'. Fish 10-14' deep or right off the bottom. Chart/white anything on orange or pink heads. 1/8 or 1/4oz tipped with a minnow or part of a minnow. Didn't have a throwback all evening.

Re: One More Time - 08/05/17 04:24 AM

Thank you for your help Slewfoot. Will post an update tomorrow afternoon
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: One More Time - 08/05/17 10:53 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb

Re: One More Time - 08/06/17 06:30 PM

We didn't catch a single fish. Scanned points and tried the bridges with no luck
Posted By: Scotty B Fishin'

Re: One More Time - 08/08/17 03:24 PM

There is an episode of Krappie Kings on youtube fishing lake seqouyah in fayetteville. Might be a small lake worth checking out.
Posted By: varnoldi

Re: One More Time - 08/08/17 03:38 PM

hit the bridges at cedar creek.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: One More Time - 08/09/17 01:56 AM

hmmm

Sorry Junior Pro just saw this thread. Better luck on the next trip. fish
Posted By: crope1

Re: One More Time - 08/09/17 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Timber 15-25'. Fish 10-14' deep or right off the bottom. Chart/white anything on orange or pink heads. 1/8 or 1/4oz tipped with a minnow or part of a minnow. Didn't have a throwback all evening.
thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum