Texas Fishing Forum

Found a limit in an unlikely place today

Posted By: Jacob

Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 08:29 PM

Today is my last official day of summer. Summer band practices start tomorrow. So, I decided to go to Lake Timpson, a completely random and pretty unfamiliar lake, to do a little bass/crappie fishing. I've only fished there maybe 3 times and never for crappie. It's only 223 acres and VERY shallow pretty much everywhere. Average depth is 8 ft.

After getting SKUNKED bass fishing for the first couple hours, I decided to go scanning for crappie. Found some good looking timber, but no fish on it. Kept going and came across this beauty....

This pic was actually taken after I had gotten my limit and caught probably 40-50 fish total off of it. As you can see, it's still loaded with fish.

They were suspended no more that 6-7 ft deep and slamming a chartreuse and white jig that txmedic had made for me. Not a single white crappie was caught! Water temp was 87 degrees and wind was out of the....north? At the end of July? Yup.

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 08:34 PM

Very Nice haul Jacob! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 09:05 PM

Solid post and some solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 10:01 PM

All you need is corn meal and oil now! Glad you found my brush pile. Was going to give you coordinates, but with your expertise I knew you would find it! lol
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007
All you need is corn meal and oil now! Glad you found my brush pile. Was going to give you coordinates, but with your expertise I knew you would find it! lol

You did good!

Your going to have to teach me some trash fishing skills. They weren't cooperating this morning!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 11:02 PM

OUTSTANDING Jacob! Yeah, My grandson started Summer Band this afternoon! Have to fire up "GranDad's Taxi Service" again! bang
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 11:10 PM

There's a day you won't soon forget. Good job thumb
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 07/31/17 11:46 PM

Nice job. I was wondering where all the ironing boards went to, now I know the rest of the story. smile
Posted By: Keystone

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 08/01/17 12:44 AM

thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 08/01/17 01:43 AM

Great job! Love the pics. thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 08/01/17 02:04 AM

what a way to end the summer!
Posted By: RWCAT

Re: Found a limit in an unlikely place today - 08/01/17 01:28 PM

thumb