Texas Fishing Forum

Where to go?

Posted By: markchat

Where to go? - 07/16/17 12:22 AM

My wife agreed to go fishing in the am. I'm not sure where to go. Lewisville has too many jet fleas on the weekends, RR too many dinks (last time I kept 3 and caught 80) or maybe out east Fork, Nac or Pines. Have boat and willing to drive a couple hours if need be. Any recommendations?
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Where to go? - 07/16/17 12:46 AM

I'm dying to go to Palestine. Never been there before and have no idea where to launch, fish or anything.

Re: Where to go? - 07/16/17 01:07 AM

Me too.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Where to go? - 07/16/17 01:23 AM

Pines never dissapoints
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Where to go? - 07/16/17 01:37 AM

Caught 50-60 at Fork today. Every single fish was 10"+, not a single dink. Nothing big but lots of solid fish.

Re: Where to go? - 07/16/17 01:43 AM

I leaning that way. I assume they are fairly deep now. I'm a jig guy but the Mrs likes those minnows.
Originally Posted By: MilesHunter
Caught 50-60 at Fork today. Every single fish was 10"+, not a single dink. Nothing big but lots of solid fish.
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Where to go? - 07/16/17 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: markchat
I leaning that way. I assume they are fairly deep now. I'm a jig guy but the Mrs likes those minnows.

15'-22' Jigs and minnows both worked well. VERY light bite most of the day.

Re: Where to go? - 07/17/17 03:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up MilesHunter. We did go to Fork yesterday and caught some nice fish. Bite was a little slow but managed enough for a fry. I did catch a big ole ditch pickle under a bridge. That sucker kicked my a$$! Next time maybe Palestine.
They reall hit soft!
Originally Posted By: markchat

15'-22' Jigs and minnows both worked well. VERY light bite most of the day.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Where to go? - 07/17/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
Pines never dissapoints

Always a whackin at pines
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum