Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook

Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/09/17 06:13 PM

Ray Roberts summer pattern is in full effect. its definitely a catch fest with how many little ones there are from the last two years. It seems to me the bigger fish are mostly on timber. I know a few people who have pulled some nice keepers from the brushpiles, but it seems the timber is producing a lot more keepers. Another reality that I'm just going to throw out there... Ray Roberts summer fishing requires minnows. It's just the reality of it. I can catch 100 little ones on a jig, but the big ones will rarely eat it. All I'm using right now is a minnow tipped on a jig hook. My best depths right now seem to be the 17-24 ft range. And a lot of fish have been 17-22 ft deep. Most days the bite is kid proof. The keepers were a little slower yesterday but I bet we caught 25-35 fish on our first two trees before 7am. You have to move. Keep moving and keep moving. Also I work my jig up. These fish won't really go after a bait unless it's within inches of their face. So you have to move it up or down and all around in the water column to better your chances of getting in striking distance. I was hoping to be a little more detailed in today's report because I've been getting asked a lot of questions at the ramp and through messages. I really enjoy getting to chat with everyone at the lake. I hope this report will help some of you guys out. Also, it's not my way or the highway though. This is just what has been working for me. I still haven't figured out a new method for posting pictures since Photobucket changed so no pics this week. Visit my personal or business page for pics! So this week I'm pretty busy but have random openings for half days or working mans. They always fill up last minute so here's what's available. Monday Wednesday and Thursday have openings for working mans trips. And I have Tuesday and Thursday and the weekend available for half day morning trips. Let me know if ya wanna go! Thanks guys! And good luck!
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/09/17 10:21 PM

Thank you very much for the tips!!!!!!!!
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/10/17 12:41 AM

Hey Cody what size and color jig head are you using with minnows? Ray Roberts Pink? roflmao

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/10/17 10:46 AM

Pink or chartreuse. Always 1/8
Posted By: Denton Pond Jumper

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/10/17 11:01 PM

Thanks for the info I have been using jigs in the timbers time to get some minnows.
I know I can get them at the dam store and in Sanger.
Are the any around pilot point?
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/11/17 03:09 AM

Shiwakoti Grocery. Sold by the pound.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/11/17 03:48 AM

Great Post Cody!

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/11/17 01:02 PM

Shawakoti in pilot point is by far the best place there. Triangle in Tioga is where I go. Monday's bite was incredible. We had a 50 fish limit by 1030 yesterday morning with our best 7 weighing just under 12 pounds. Was a great day for sure! The big ones were due to turn on. We actually caught a few on jigs yesterday as well. As it stands now, I have Wednesday evening open for a working mans, I can do Thursday morning or evening, and strangely enough I have Saturday and Sunday mornings both open. Hope to see you guys soon!

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/14/17 07:50 PM

I just had a very last minute reschedule for tomorrow morning. I now have tomorrow morning half day open again. I'll make someone a deal of $225 for a half day for 2 people. Fish from 630-11 ish! Thanks!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/14/17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors
Shawakoti in pilot point is by far the best place there. Triangle in Tioga is where I go. Monday's bite was incredible. We had a 50 fish limit by 1030 yesterday morning with our best 7 weighing just under 12 pounds. Was a great day for sure! The big ones were due to turn on. We actually caught a few on jigs yesterday as well. As it stands now, I have Wednesday evening open for a working mans, I can do Thursday morning or evening, and strangely enough I have Saturday and Sunday mornings both open. Hope to see you guys soon!
That's hammerin 'em Cody. Great job! cheers
Posted By: dentonian

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/14/17 11:22 PM

Where is Shawakoti in Pilot Point and what time do they open on weekdays ? Thanks
Posted By: Struggle

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/14/17 11:27 PM

Could you please provide some more details on your working man trips please? Thanks.

Re: Ray Roberts Report and This Weeks Outlook - 07/16/17 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Struggle
Could you please provide some more details on your working man trips please? Thanks.

Working mans trips are $125 for 1 or 2 people to fish. They run about 3 hours and you clean your own fish on these. These were started to accommodate the people that can't get out in the mornings due to work and just want to be able to go fishing. They were also something I offered back when I started to make sure I stayed busy. Over the last few years these trips have really became very popular and anyone and everyone likes to go out on them!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum