Texas Fishing Forum

Can finally get back to fishing!

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Can finally get back to fishing! - 06/29/17 07:24 PM

Haven't fished hardly any in the past year (dad died, had to move mom, empty old house get it cleaned up & for sale etc., etc.) I bought a 24' Pontoon boat from Dad last summer before all this happened but it didn't have a fish finder or trolling motor so we have just been pleasure boating what few times we did go out. Well, all of that stuff is pretty much done (should close on the old house July 26th) so I have spent the last 5-6 weekends and some evenings working on upgrades for the boat to suite us best. I have installed a great sounding stereo system, green L.E.D. light strips under deck, Minn Kota foot control trolling motor (which included installing and wiring in a 24 volt system, 2 batteries and a 2 bank charger) and a fish finder with down imaging (small but will work till my next bonus then maybe go up front). Can't wait to get back out and chase some slabs! Now when we are out just cruising & BS'ing with the neighbors, I can be looking for new brushpiles.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Can finally get back to fishing! - 06/29/17 09:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad and all.glws of the home.You got some making up to do on them crappie.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Can finally get back to fishing! - 06/30/17 12:57 AM

Best wishes, Kevin.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Can finally get back to fishing! - 06/30/17 03:11 AM

Attaboy Kev! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum