Texas Fishing Forum

Wind Direction

Posted By: Fishbonz

Wind Direction - 06/28/17 11:03 PM

Is there an app or website where one can get this info from day to day?
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Wind Direction - 06/28/17 11:28 PM

I'm sure there are a bunch of options. I have "Weather Live" on my iPhone. Shows wind directions and speed. Also shows estimates for other times/days other than the present conditions.
Posted By: Tc24

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 12:02 AM

Wunderground.com has it all... Awesome app for keeping track of the weather
Posted By: fuzzion

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 12:12 AM

I use windfinder.com.

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 12:29 AM

Thanks Guys!Knowing from which direction it`s blowing really comes in handy sometimes. thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 12:49 AM

I fish at Fork, oakridge.com has a panel on their website that is one the best Ive seen,..
click on the radar map and select quitman tx,...
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 01:00 AM

Windfinder.com. It's very accurate and has an app too.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 02:00 AM

I have weatherbug on my phone. Gives wind direction and speed prediction by the hour. Usually very accurate. Also has current radar and lots of other good info like closest lightning strike.

National weather service http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar_tab.php
Upper left corner, type in city and state. Next page, scroll down, look on right side bar and click on hourly weather forecast chart. You can view 5 days in advance for wind direction, speed, cloud cover, temp, rain, humidity, ect. I look at this site most of the time when planning trips a day or two or three in advance.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 03:09 AM

I like Wunderground, but there are several good options.
weatherbug is a good one too
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 04:11 AM

I use an app called windAlert. I think it was developed by/for windsurfers. And those guys are almost as religious about wind as we anglers are.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 05:29 AM

MyRadar. iPhone
Posted By: lmbr

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 05:37 AM

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KJDD&state=TX once on the site go to "Change location" and select nearest airport to where you are fishing.
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 01:19 PM

Horace,

Wunderground has observation sites on it as many have stated, though you can't go wrong with the sites others have noted.

Also, our National Weather Service Fort Worth webpage: NWS Fort Worth has forecasts, radar, everything on it, including observation sites with wind speed/direction (just click on the county/area your interested in on the counties map (below all the graphicasts above). We have 46 counties of responsibility (including a good chunk of North and Central TX).

Also, the MyRadar app as one gentleman stated is good for checking both radar and observations.

We also have a mobile website (works like an app, but since we're fed gov't, it's not in the app store and we can't profit off of it).

Just pull up Safari or any other phone browser, type in "mobile.weather.gov" in the address/url line at the top. Once the website shows up, put in the city or zip code (you can do this for multiple locations if you're traveling), then at the bottom, select the box symbol with the arrow pointing up, then one of your selections should be "Set to Homescreen". Our site then will produce an app-like NWS icon on your iPhone or android. It's basically our website that can be accessed on your phone.

The radar isn't as dynamic as RadarScope or MyRadar apps, but is decent and puts your location up you entered on the radar using GPS. If you don't want that on your radar screen, just click that same symbol below and it disappears.

Good luck buddy. I couldn't make it to the office this morning, as wife is flying back in, then start a long string of graveyards tonight, then off on a cruise with the family. May be late July before I'm back out there.

Re: Wind Direction - 06/29/17 03:27 PM

Thanks Eric & GOOD LUCK on the Cruise! Awsome information fellow TFFr`s thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum