Texas Fishing Forum

gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles

Posted By: Ltcm09

gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/19/17 01:56 AM

anyone got gps of a brush pile at lake nac?

Just confused on how to locate them, every time i think i see something on side imaging its nothing
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/19/17 03:57 PM

I could be wrong but every time out, different conditions water level, etc. I just start fishing around brush and trees, even a flasher (old school) will show you that. You don't catch a fish after a few minutes move on. Bridges are usually good (Shade). So getting a GPS location is not always a ticket to success. Just start figuring out a pattern, how deep are they, you have to know how deep your lure is so when they eat it and you catch one you know. When I started off fishing I kept a log book on everything, really helped me figure some stuff out and I fished one lake to learn that lake. Catching crappie in the heat of summer in New Mexico is difficult at best, in Texas, well you see the reports. My guess is that the eco-system in Texas lakes produce many more crappie than the eco-system in New Mexico lakes so finding those crappie is tougher but when you do. I like the idea of sinking brush, just that process will teach you a lot. Where to place the brush and how does it hold fish. I found Ernest Patty's Crappie 101 dvd a very good investment as well.

Good luck!
Posted By: RODS454

Re: gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/19/17 04:38 PM

A lot has to do with how your electronics are set up. I.E.,are you marking what you think is a pile from the console, and then trying to find it at the bow? It took me awhile to figure out I needed to compensate for the distance from bow to console to stern, and which transducer I marked it with. I have 5 transducers on my boat with Humminbird and Lowrance graphs. I don't think I miss much. Just something to think about.
Posted By: UJC

Re: gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/19/17 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: RODS454
I have 5 transducers on my boat with Humminbird and Lowrance graphs. I don't think I miss much. Just something to think about.

What, 5 transducers! You've got to be kiddin'. So I counted how many I had - I thought three - but I have 5! Geez, transducer overload it isn't.

Two at the TM: US2 built in Terrova and a LSS-1 (SI/DI).
1 2D sonar at transom
1 LSS-1 at transom
1 shoot-thru hull (came with boat for built in console X48? old timey thing)

Total = 5

Sure was an eye-opener RODS454.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/19/17 10:10 PM

Since you guys are not very busy, you can email me gps coordinates to brush piles and dropoffs on Lake Palestine smile
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/20/17 10:50 AM

On a related note I have a friend that has a weekend place on a lake that I live on. I send him GPS coordinates of schools of bass I see on SI thru the week while crappie fishing.

On the weekend he comes in and looks a Pro...lol.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: gps cordinates Lake Nacogdoches? brush piles - 06/20/17 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Spiderman
On a related note I have a friend that has a weekend place on a lake that I live on. I send him GPS coordinates of schools of bass I see on SI thru the week while crappie fishing.

On the weekend he comes in and looks a Pro...lol.

.......your a good friend!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum